What type of foglight should i put on?

Drummer

P3260689.jpg

This is my car currently, but i'm not liking my fog lights on the bottom. I wanna go back to stock fogs but i doubt i can find good ones cheap. Would anyone have any suggestions for good fog lights. (got rid of the ones behind my grill)

There was a company I remember called Blazer that had stock looking fogs for under $20. I havnt seen them in years though.....

There was a company I remember called Blazer that had stock looking fogs for under $20. I havnt seen them in years though.....

AutoZone sells them as driving lights, I cant remember if they are under the blazer name or not, but they look very close to stock

what the hell you have behind your grilles

I had fog lights there too not sure of the manufacturer though, they were for ass holes, or if i am the only one on the road :lol:

blazertech 2600's thats what i have on mine

what size are they? I saw them in a box but not out of it.

they are very close to the same size as the OE ones.

I dunno if it would apply, but I have Blazertech 2200's on my car (the round foglights)

At first I loved them, but within a couple months they dulled out and now they flat out suck. The lenses are still nice and clear, but they just aren't bright. Unfortunately I didn't keep the receipt. I will never buy a Blazertech light again...

Jamie

I dunno if it would apply, but I have Blazertech 2200's on my car (the round foglights)

At first I loved them, but within a couple months they dulled out and now they flat out suck. The lenses are still nice and clear, but they just aren't bright. Unfortunately I didn't keep the receipt. I will never buy a Blazertech light again...

Jamie

Thats weird i have had mine for years and they are still bright as hell.

I got mine at Canadian Tire...

I bought them because I read on ClubGP that they were "bright as fuck", they were just that for a while, but now my low beams are brighter, and they suck too!

Jamie

Yes, there is a company by the name of "Blazer" that sells fogs or driving lights identical to the OEM ones. I've seen them at autozone and wally's. They are under $20, too. The brackets are different, though, and I had annihilated my stock brackets in minor front end altercation, so mounting them was tricky.

I got mine at Canadian Tire...

I bought them because I read on ClubGP that they were "bright as fuck", they were just that for a while, but now my low beams are brighter, and they suck too!

Jamie

My low beams are brighter also but thats because i have hid's. But when i had my regular bulbs in the foglights were brighter.

Maybe it was because they are round, i dont know. But the rectangle ones which i have are still great.

This is my car currently, but i'm not liking my fog lights on the bottom. I wanna go back to stock fogs but i doubt i can find good ones cheap. Would anyone have any suggestions for good fog lights. (got rid of the ones behind my grill)

Do you still have the original foglamps?......I didn't like that pattern that the original lenses *threw* the beam, so what I did was to get a pair of Hella driving lenses (they throw the beam down the road in front of you, not so much to the side) that has the same dimension as the lenses on the GM units and transferred the Hella lenses to the OEM llamps, at the same time I also swapped out the bulbs for a pair of 65w H3''s. They work reeeel good! :biggrin:GrandPrix005Large.jpg

blazertech 2600's thats what i have on mine

I actually have a set of Blazertech 2600's on my Shadow to replace the original OEM's. They are as the model name implies...2"x6"...Haven't got under the GP in a while, I think ours are 2.5"x4" DodgeShadow005Large.jpg

Walmart carries them still.

You can use original hardware... as in the mounting brackets and the shell of the lights themselves... just pull the entire casing, light splashing and all out of the shells, put the new ones in... silicone, and go.

Should have taken pictures of the process.

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

They are really, really bright. I've since adjusted them further toward the ground... they don't disappear under street lamps... but they are also WAY brighter than my headlights. The way the light switches are set up on mine (and your!) car, I have been getting into the habit of using fogs/running lights.. looks sick, and my headlights suck in comparisin.

Either way.. look around. even if the factory mountings are crushed (one of mine was) just get them on a bench vice and bend them back. Coat or two of rustoleum and you're good to go. :cool:

They should put post and preview a little farther apart lol. Well i'm going to go look for unmolested brackets, that aren't froze up. If anyone wants to also look for brackets that would be great, as i doubt i'll find any. Thanks