• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IRONDOG442

• Crazy K

• ManicMechanic

• AWeb80

I owned 2 67 442 verts a saffron yellow auto and a tahoe turquoise 4 speed

Beautiful colors too...I had mine almost 15 years ago...Bought it, then someone offered me twice what I paid for it and it was gone.

• 3 weeks later...

Some scab bought it solely to flip it. I doubt it will sell for more than what he inititally paid for it. I cannot believe the SOB wont even get a title for it before trying to flip it, IMO its the least you could do for $15,000 worth of profit.

• 2 weeks later...

When the car is put back in pace car trim it could bring $50,000 to right collector. The way it sits now I would say $15,000.

I do belive ths is the car that paced the race at indy in 1988 so that would make it a one off right. The trick is to turn it back to 1988 trim. The 1967 camaro and the 1974 Hurst/Olds and 1977 Delta 88 that paced the race maybe more are in private hands not at indy so the collectable status is pretty high.

It's not the body style that is collectable it's the pace car provance that makes them worth the money. If I had the room this would be tempting.

When the car is put back in pace car trim it could bring $50,000 to right collector. The way it sits now I would say $15,000.

I do belive ths is the car that paced the race at indy in 1988 so that would make it a one off right. The trick is to turn it back to 1988 trim. The 1967 camaro and the 1974 Hurst/Olds and 1977 Delta 88 that paced the race maybe more are in private hands not at indy so the collectable status is pretty high.

I dont think that's this car paced anything at Indy, it doesn't have the turbo.

Ken, did you try the strobe lights when you looked at the car? The picture I've got of a "pace car" trunk shows strobe modules all the way across the trunk where your pictures show the water cooled brake controller and stuff.

This vehicle received an engine swap post 1988. the firewall plate had a 1989 date stamp, changed to accommodate the manual tranny. REMEMBER... in 1988 the floor shifter cable went through the plate!!!!!!!!! (Then again, so does my 94 now...)

I was told that this was the back up pacecar, which was not used since the primary one ran the race. But at this point it is hearsay, though quite probable.

??? the strobes work, and there were a bunch of strobe modules in the trunk, but highly probable that they were replaced of moved cause all the strobe lighting is post 1988. all lights are in the rollbar, except for the foglight locations. no other factory lens is a strobe on this car, unlike the 1988 body configuration.

shyguy, that pic please?