Best cleaner for alloy rims?

Addicted2bass

I have the 077 Eagle alloys on my TGP. They are getting very dull in spots. Ive used Eagle and Mequires wheel cleaner on them and it wont take away the dull spots. Its not brake dust of road grime, but more like blobs of dullness lol. What is a good wheel cleaner to get these rims really shinning again?

Thanks guys ill get some aluminum polish and see if i can get them shinin again! This is the first time ive had a car with rims nice enough to bother with more then jus the occasional cleaning!

$3 mothers aluminum polish. The less you use the better it shines (just make sure you use enough to cover the rim) Rub it till its black like charcoal.

$3 mothers aluminum polish. The less you use the better it shines (just make sure you use enough to cover the rim) Rub it till its black like charcoal.

QFT!!!!

I never could get that stuff to turn dusty black on my Euro wheels, no matter how hard or how long I used it.....until then I realized they were clear coated :lol:

To be honest with you, I think Mothers SUX!

I have had alot better results with SimiChrome paste, on bare polished aluminium.

It's up too you, but you should give it a try, before just blindly following the rest of the sheep.

Leon

040205P1011896.jpg

baaaaaaa goes the sheep

Wheel3.jpg

Those look nice, but have you tried SimiChrome?

I have no stake in this, either way, I'm just trying to pass on to others, some of the things that have worked good for me.

To me, Mothers products get promoted heavily on TV and magazines, and thats why so many people are in love with it, but to be honest, I've done a side by side test with them and I have found that SimiChrome works better, IMHO.

So take it for what it's worth, I'm just sharing information here.

100_0464.jpg

100_0688.jpg

000_0943.jpg

100_1621.jpg

Leon

if their clear coated then use wax or polish. My lips are bare aluminum cause my clear coat was coming off so i stripped and sanded them down, and used a metal polish.