94-96 Cd player into 92 prix?

J

My buddy Justin has a 92 Prix and he still has a tape player, does a 94-96 CD player clip in (harness?) I know the housing will have to be modified, but that's not the issue I'm worried about. I really don't want to have to modify his harnness for a factory CD player, if it's goign to be that difficult i'd rahter see him get a cheap aftermarket CD player, but he wants it to stay backlit in the Pontiac Reddish/orange. Thanks, jay

ya, that's one good thing about GM.. I have had the same wiring harness for years, and it has gone in my bonne, cutlass, firebird, malibu and all 3 prixs I have had... :)

The harness for the actual radio is the same. I'm not sure about the harness for the SWRC, they may use a different interface and a different harness. Could anyone confirm that?

A 94+ CD player would look very alien in the older interior, though. He can't find one of the 90-93 cd players?

I know the SWC out of a 1999 silverado work in a 1995 Grand prix.. So if they work in a 95 with a radio from a 99 Pickup i bet they didnt change it at all ever on any radio lol.

They did. I tried putting in a 95 model CD player from a Grand Prix, the main plug was the same, but the SWRC plug was longer, and wouldnt take the smaller 90 style plug.

They did. I tried putting in a 95 model CD player from a Grand Prix, the main plug was the same, but the SWRC plug was longer, and wouldnt take the smaller 90 style plug.

Thats what I had figured. I know they changed between the 88-89 and the 90-93 radios as well.