Need to find replacement top.

Shifter23

Any suggestions guys? I have a 93 vert teal on black with a black top. The top is totaly trashed and the top cylinders are both done. I want to do the top first so i don't have to tarp it anymore. It isnt a mint car and is going to kinda be my warmweather beater. Just wonderin where i could find a cheap replacement top at the moment. Also anny suggestions on the top cylinders? Right now it is the ghetto manual top hah ha!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OLDS-CUTLASS-91-95-CONVERTIBLE-TOP-ONLY_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742Q2em153Q2el1262QQcategoryZ33652QQihZ019QQitemZ290215350750QQtcZphoto

I got one from here and it is being put on as we speak, er...type?

I opted for the Doubletex upgrade, which is $80 more, but that is what my installer recommended. I see one doubletex top+rear window for the same price I paid for mine, $439. With shipping, I got top and rear window defroster glass for 468. Not that bad compared to what the dealer wanted. It just sucks having to replace a perfectly good rear window, well, there are a few spots that I will try to get off the white and maybe post it for sale.

Anyways, the top looks great, but give me til Wednesday and I will have it installed and can post pics and opinions of the finished job.

Contact Putt Georgi and he will help you out anyway he can. I got mine in about two weeks, but they did not even cut it til it was paypal'd, so that is not bad. Will post with pics soon.

Thomas

I'm getting a new top and back glass installed for 900.00

that's not too bad I suppose. Tops usually run around 150, and back glass (with defroster) I've seen cheapest about 200. So i guess if it costs $500 to install than that's about the breakdown I'd figure

there was a new top installed on my rescue just before I bought it at about 900 installed...that was with a new plastic rear window.

speaking of glass....I have a perfect rear glass w/defogger for sale...whats it worth and where should I market it?

I have recently learned that the top that was installed before I found the car is GM white. I have cleaned it thouroughly but it still is a little off-white. After a little study I found that there is also a top available called "GM Brite White" which is the better match for our Brite white code 16 wa9753 paint.

I guess you need to ask more questions.

speaking of glass....I have a perfect rear glass w/defogger for sale...whats it worth and where should I market it?

I believe Psych0Matt might want to speak with you, I know he was needing one.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have recently learned that when ordering a new top....a white top....there are two "whites" available. There is a GM white which on any color car except a code 16/9753 looks nice and white but...when you put it on a white car...it will dull and yellowed.

There is also a GM "brite white" top available from some top dealers and it is snow white and a better match for our cars.

When I bought my vert it had a new white top. Unfortunately it was the former and no amount of cleaning will get it as "brite" as the paint.