TGP nominated one of the best Turbo cars of the 80's...

Scottster

the motors are built in germany.

So was the Third Reich. It's still a Ford anyway you look at it lol. And GOD I personally think those are one of the ugliest cars...a Saab knockoff.

I see there is a Merkur XR4Ti. There is one of those for sale on craigslist near me for like $900 supposedly in good shape but faded paint. Id love to pick that up but i imagine parts for those are harder to find even than tgp parts. And what was with that name lol? Possibly worst car name ever.

those cars are awesome. I want to get one bad.

the american version of the sierra. a rally drift car by nature. perfect weight distrubution rwd 4cyl ball bearing turbo. GET IT!!!. they are so light and fast. you can run so much boost on them. the motors are built in germany.

I thought they had the same 2.3 turbo that the Turbocoupe and SVO had and that was made here?

Plus the dodge colt, charger, aries.. Lets not forget, they also had the K-Car Hemi... LOL

IIRC all those little four bangers had hemispherical combustion chambers, so they really were "hemis"...just not ones that you would brag about with flat black vinyl graphics on side of the rear quarter.

I see there is a Merkur XR4Ti. There is one of those for sale on craigslist near me for like $900 supposedly in good shape but faded paint. Id love to pick that up but i imagine parts for those are harder to find even than tgp parts. And what was with that name lol? Possibly worst car name ever.

those cars are awesome. I want to get one bad.

the american version of the sierra. a rally drift car by nature. perfect weight distrubution rwd 4cyl ball bearing turbo. GET IT!!!. they are so light and fast. you can run so much boost on them. the motors are built in germany.

I wish i could buy it but the TGP is my car to dump money and time into....i dont have enough of either to support another car! I am looking for a second car, not looking real hard i just need something by next fall/winter, but whatever i get is gonna have to be reliable and cheap to fix. And we all know that also means slow and boring.

ford off you merkur forder!

fordin wtcha. I drove a probe turbo 5 sp. and it was quite impressive actually.

what years did they make those?

ford off you merkur forder!

fordin wtcha. I drove a probe turbo 5 sp. and it was quite impressive actually.

what years did they make those?

the boosted ones were '89-92 GTs

I voted for the Conquest, sorry guys :lol: I've always wanted one of those. It's like the classic retarded looking Japanese love child of a 924 and an old 300z that can rip the balls off a Mustang while sending the sweet smell of burning coolant his way.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought you TGP guys might get a kick out of this. Jalopnik listed the TGP among other cars as one the best Turbocharged eighties rides...

http://jalopnik.com/376157/top-ten-totally-awesome-turbocharged-american-cars

I VOTED FOR THE TGP!!!!!

there are only 58 votes for the TGP, come one guys, if you own one or know somebody that does vote for it!!!