TGP nominated one of the best Turbo cars of the 80's...

Scottster

I voted as well. And as much as I like the TGP, I didnt vote for it, there are better cars on that list..

And worse ones!

...who the hell votes more for a Chrysler/Maserati TC than a TGP. lmao

I love how they had absolutely nothing good to say about the TGP, but it's on the list anyway :lol:

x2

and the only thing with less votes than the TGP is the dodge shadow :lol:

3 votes ftmfw!...lol thats cool though, I never knew they made an Omni turbo, I want one!!!

Chrysler made turbo EVERYTHING in the 80s. Shadow, Daytona, Omni, Shadow, Spirit (i think?), Lebaron (a guy who stopped in my work to ask about the tgp had one) and even a Caravan!!!

I see there is a Merkur XR4Ti. There is one of those for sale on craigslist near me for like $900 supposedly in good shape but faded paint. Id love to pick that up but i imagine parts for those are harder to find even than tgp parts. And what was with that name lol? Possibly worst car name ever.

they also had the K-Car Hemi... LOL

Oh my god why?? Lol! I would like to see one of those just to say id seen it. I dont wanna own one, just see one. But all the k cars around here have rotted into the ground years ago. So unless someone has one sitting in a barn somewhere i prolly never will see one....not that im really missing much lol!

Sweet. I voted for the TGP. The GNX is kicking ass though. :razz:

"As for the Grand Prix turbo, that car is a complete disgrace. From now on, I propose that no car that does not come with a manual transmission shall ever be called good on jalopnik. Automatic transmissions are only for two kinds of people, those with only one arm and one leg, or the mentally retarded."

:willynilly: :lol:

I think several of those other cars were autos or at least you could get them with one. But they dont bitch about those....

Why did GM decide not to make the TGPs stick anyway?? You would think they would be more likely to make them all stick then all auto. After all you could get a non turbo gp i those years in stick. But then again its GM rarely does anything they do make much sense...

Chrysler made turbo EVERYTHING in the 80s. Shadow, Daytona, Omni, Shadow, Spirit (i think?), Lebaron (a guy who stopped in my work to ask about the tgp had one) and even a Caravan!!!

So did Pontiac. Grand Prix, Grand Am, Trans Am, Sunbird.

Why did GM decide not to make the TGPs stick anyway??

What REALLY sucks is that they made the prototype with a manual, so it was already right there.

"Automatic transmissions are only for two kinds of people, those with only one arm and one leg, or the mentally retarded."

Hmmm, yes. OR......for people that don't live in some backwoods, red neck hick town with a population of 500. Perhaps on a car that I'd only bring out once in a while, but with traffic the way it is around here, I'd get irritated very quickly if I had to drive a manual frequently.

I see there is a Merkur XR4Ti. There is one of those for sale on craigslist near me for like $900 supposedly in good shape but faded paint. Id love to pick that up but i imagine parts for those are harder to find even than tgp parts. And what was with that name lol? Possibly worst car name ever.

those cars are awesome. I want to get one bad.

the american version of the sierra. a rally drift car by nature. perfect weight distrubution rwd 4cyl ball bearing turbo. GET IT!!!. they are so light and fast. you can run so much boost on them. the motors are built in germany.