Installed a 2ndgen DIC into my 1996

ihateallmustangs

I'm still going to "tweak" the fittiment a bit and I have a bug to work out , The reading flashes ZERO. I got it from the yard so I could very well be broken. I have read a few times of 2ndgen owners having a problem with the display flashing "0" at all times.

Picture048.jpg

Picture050.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, you have to repin some of the connections to get it to display right for your '96.

I re-wired the entire thing to the newer plug

So are you guys that are doing this keeping the DIC on the left side of the dash, or is that non-existant?

That would look cool, with digital displays on both sides. I'd assume you could have them both set to different settings, so more information is being displayed at once (as in one set to outside temp for example, and the other with fuel economy readings).

I don't know about him. It makes you feel pretty bad ass when you sit in my car all the stuff to look at. It remindes me of a airplain the one that belongs in my car shows me everything, Out side temp, mpg, range. Then the one on the right is for 2ed gear start, showing me if its on or off. For my low tire pressure. And for washer fluid low or not, What door is open of if my trunk is open. All pretty cool stuff that you dont need lol.

I have a colling fan problem which is why my engine light is on , I could not find a 1996 DIC and any I did find on ebay they want crazy $$$ for it. So this is better anyway! :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The check tire pressure I know for a fact runs off the ABS system. So you would have to have the appropiate ABS and BCM... Which you dont..

The oil life system runs off the PCM, but 1st gen PCMs dont have the programming for it...

That dash looks weird! My old '95 didn't have an engine symbol in place of the SES light, and it didn't have those fuel indicators under the lines either. Special '96 dash??