power antenna question

pontiacmaniac94

okay, so i got this in my trunk when i bought it, and up untill now, i have been too lazy to install, so would this even work on my 94 grand prix?

if not, what all would i need to make it work? or should i just sell it to some lucky soul and make it their problem?

IMG_0009-3.jpg

IMG_0010-2.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0013-3.jpg

I'll buy that from you. Assuming it'll work on my grand prix.

i havent decided yet, i am almost feeling like installing into my own car, i just dont know what all i would need to do wiring wise.

As far as I know the only difference in wiring is a remote wire from the HU. But knowing GM, and how they like to wire stuff in even though its not optioned, you probably just have to find the wire! Go to a wreckers and see if you can find where the wire comes out of the harness, you may get lucky and have one in your car already.

Jamie

As far as I know the only difference in wiring is a remote wire from the HU. But knowing GM, and how they like to wire stuff in even though its not optioned, you probably just have to find the wire! Go to a wreckers and see if you can find where the wire comes out of the harness, you may get lucky and have one in your car already.

Jamie

well, i figured i could just run a wire from my amp, to the antenna since it is right there and all, and dont i need 12 volt power too? (from the amp maybe?)

Jamie

well, i figured i could just run a wire from my amp, to the antenna since it is right there and all, and dont i need 12 volt power too? (from the amp maybe?)

2am, I'm bored switching over to night shifts...

I went out and had a look at what is left of my power antenna. There is the large wire going to the HU for reception, and then there is another harness. This harness has 3 wires on it, Blue - Remote, Black - Negative/ground, orange - positive I'd assume.

This harness comes out of the harness that goes to the passenger side tail lights. So if GM did their usual same wiring harness in every car routine, you should be able to open up that harness and find a plug that will plug right into your power antenna.

Jamie

i will give you 25.00 for it. mine went bad and i cannot find a replacement. PM ME PLEASE

Wait.

Are you saying that the mast isn't replaceable on these?

My motor works fine! The mast is bad, it's all bent up. It's been that way for years, but I always hear the motor humming.

Maybe I should unplug it so it doesn't burn up the motor. :eek:

Jamie

2am, I'm bored switching over to night shifts...

I went out and had a look at what is left of my power antenna. There is the large wire going to the HU for reception, and then there is another harness. This harness has 3 wires on it, Blue - Remote, Black - Negative/ground, orange - positive I'd assume.

This harness comes out of the harness that goes to the passenger side tail lights. So if GM did their usual same wiring harness in every car routine, you should be able to open up that harness and find a plug that will plug right into your power antenna.

Jamie

yah, i found the same thing when i was up at the junkyard, picked up a second one, i will talk with my dad and see if he wants it. otherwise, one will go in my GP, and the other will go into the full monte....

so really all i need to do is, ground it, remote start wire, and 12volts right?

It would appear that way, only one way to know for sure!

Jamie

true dat! i will work on it in a few days, need to locate a drill motor to cut the hole so the water can drain out.....

the mast and motor on mine are fine but the plug for the antenna wire is wrong. Both are male. And also i dont have the bracket to mount it. I will have to see what i can do this weekend