Is the TGP really that rare

shadow

I parted out a TGP years ago to throw the motor into one of my AWD 6000s. I now have a 2-door and 4-door Turbo GP, though they will be sold within the next couple of months, as well as the remaining AWD. But being the TGP is rare due to performance oriented reasons, there is a far greater likelyhood that an owner will research what s/he can do to the car, and along the way, discover that it's rare vs. something like the 6000 AWDs, or Celebrity Eurosport VRs, which are usually owned by people who have no clue what they're driving, nor would they ever care.

did the motor ever get put in that car? thats just fun to think about doing. I got a friend who just got his dsm awd turbo going. its all sooped up and I heard its a monster. I gotta get something to compete. :lol:

No, I'm afraid not. I've never had a place that I can conduct such a project (live in an apartment), nor the time or tools. That motor, trans and wiring harness still sit in my Public Storage space. :( And now that I'm selling off all the cars except the '01, that project may be on permanent hold.

The reason I wanted to do it is because there were supposedly 50 or so AWD STEs made with the same McLaren turbo set-up. :eek: So technically, it would still be stock. :razz: I would have had to build up the THM-125C 3-speed to handle the power, though, but as Fiero guys have proven countless times, it can be done. Oh well....it was a nice dream. :sad:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• krenzy

• Shifter23

• ManicMechanic

• Garrett Powered

FWIW my tgp is the only one ive seen in person....so that makes it pretty rare in my eyes. There are several in NY though.

Oh and id love to buy that 6000 AWD....ive always wanted one of those!!

Well, it is rare (in the sense that very few were made), and it is collectible.

So you have no reason to be disappointed.

The fact is that it is no where near desirable or collectible to anybody except people in this community, sadly.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I was at the Autozone again today and the guy & a customer wanted to come out and check out my TGP. It may not look the best but its super rare around here. I have only seen one other than mine ever and that was a long time ago.

I get asked about mine from time to time. But not that often cuz most people dont know what it is and dont pay it much attention till they either see the turbo badges or hear the BOV :lol: Mine is the only one ive ever seen, there was a guy who had one of craigslist that lived near me. That was right before i bought mine. It was i real nice shape, like 73k miles on it but he wanted 5k for it! Dont know if he ever sold it or not but ive never seen it aroud.

It was a nice day yesterday so I drove the red tgp. man that thing gets way more looks than the black ones. especially with the freshly waxed paint. :twisted:

Haha yea even with my roof and trunk faded the car still shines! Cant miss that car thats for sure. Unfortunately that means the cops cant miss it either...

Haha yea even with my roof and trunk faded the car still shines! Cant miss that car thats for sure. Unfortunately that means the cops cant miss it either...

Got any pictures of the faded paint? You'd be amazed at what you can fix with some polishes & a buffer...

Got any pictures of the faded paint? You'd be amazed at what you can fix with some polishes & a buffer...

I can take some pics. For some reason a previous owner had the sides of the car and the hood painted but not the roof, trunklid or back bumper. The roof is really faded and has alot of like white specks in it. The clear coat is almost all peeled off the trunk and back bumper. Everytime i wash it, it gets a little worse. Its a shame to cuz the parts that were repainted are beautiful. Im gonna try to buff some of it out when i get a chance but im not sure how well itll work. And a total repaint is a little out of my budget for the time being lol.

• 4 weeks later...

It is true about that TGP addiction or better put, the love for the car. My story all started back in 03 when i was attending UTI. I saw one in the local Auto RV magazine for sale for $1950 it is a 90 Red/Biege leather moonroof. I didn't have the cash so i told my friend about it so we went and looked at it and then fell in love with it. He bought it and ran it hard for a while till it died now it is in pieces but bit by bit being built up. A couple of years later he bought a 89 Red/Biege leather for 1600 off ebay from Ohio. I always worked on them for him and advised him as best as i could i wrench and hes a bodyman. Then about a month and a half ago i went crazy since i had some cash and bought a 89 Black/Biege leather moonroof i picked her up for $800. Then at the car show in Jefferson last weekend he found a 90 Red/Biege leather moonroof for $1600 i haggled him to $900 and took it home actually my new daily driver. I have a thread on here about it, i see why it was $900 he was trying to dump it on me thats why, i got it so low but with you guys helping me she runs great just some bugs to fish out. Now im buying a TSTE from southern, WI tomarrow Soo yeah the bug hit me real big that and a little luck i guess.

1989 TGP Black

1990 TGP Red

1990 TSTE White

1993 Cutlass Supreme Convert.

1970 Eldorado

1958 Coupe DeVille

1989 Allante'

And a lot of Caddy projects that would take too long to list

It is true about that TGP addiction or better put, the love for the car. My story all started back in 03 when i was attending UTI. I saw one in the local Auto RV magazine for sale for $1950 it is a 90 Red/Biege leather moonroof. I didn't have the cash so i told my friend about it so we went and looked at it and then fell in love with it. He bought it and ran it hard for a while till it died now it is in pieces but bit by bit being built up. A couple of years later he bought a 89 Red/Biege leather for 1600 off ebay from Ohio. I always worked on them for him and advised him as best as i could i wrench and hes a bodyman. Then about a month and a half ago i went crazy since i had some cash and bought a 89 Black/Biege leather moonroof i picked her up for $800. Then at the car show in Jefferson last weekend he found a 90 Red/Biege leather moonroof for $1600 i haggled him to $900 and took it home actually my new daily driver. I have a thread on here about it, i see why it was $900 he was trying to dump it on me thats why, i got it so low but with you guys helping me she runs great just some bugs to fish out. Now im buying a TSTE from southern, WI tomarrow Soo yeah the bug hit me real big that and a little luck i guess.

1989 TGP Black

1990 TGP Red

1990 TSTE White

1970 Eldorado

1958 Coupe DeVille

1989 Allante'

It is an addiction! :lol:

Thats crazy you went to UTI, I'm going there, more specifically, MMI this fall.

1989 TGP Black

1990 TGP Red

1990 TSTE White

1970 Eldorado

1958 Coupe DeVille

1989 Allante'

Off topic, but I wanna see the '58 Coupe DeVille.

I am going to pick up the TSTE tomarrow yeah it is the one Bullet has. I live in Beloit, WI and am currently looking for a bigger building or going to move my stuff out of town away from the crackheads lol. I graduated from UTI Glendale Heights Campus 04. Did standard program with Hot Rod. On pics how do i post them? I have a couple of my 58 and Allante'

If you have a photobucket account, there is a link that you copy and paste into the forums...if you don't have an account there, they're free. Otherwise you can email them to me and I can host them for you, and put them up here.

I'll send them to ya till i can start up that account ill do that tomarrow. Should i email them to you or can i somehow attach to a pm?

I can't take total credit for the 58 it was a father son project since i was 5. I inherited it and about to finish it since my father passed. The Allante' is of course my doing. On the TGPs well... just got them no pics since camera is dead but will post some stuff sometime in the future. 89 needs paint the 90 is okay these are my top shelf of course my 70 Eldorado is going into the body shop soon that car will be cherry! That is my beast after that all 8.2 liters of it lol! Thanks Krenzy for the asistance! Hope you guys like my father would be proud he picked the color original was white like the top but that would have never highlighted the chrome.