Cleaning the Center console

Addicted to eaton

I started reading Scotts thread On Cleaning out his 89 Grand Prix Se. So I thought man id like to really clean mine. So I pulled the clip off of my gear shifter, And then took my Console top off. The peace that lights Up P,R,N,D,3,2,1 Was Looked clean but the peaces around the shifter never worked right. So I tore it apart to clean it up. And WOW!.. Here are the pictures.

SANY0057.jpg

SANY0059.jpg

SANY0060.jpg

SANY0064.jpg

SANY0065.jpg

SANY0066.jpg

SANY0068.jpg

SANY0073.jpg

SANY0074.jpg

SANY0077.jpg

SANY0078.jpg

SANY0079.jpg

And after its bath

SANY0081.jpg

SANY0082.jpg

SANY0083.jpg

SANY0091.jpg

SANY0055.jpg

And here is what my Clean water looked like when I was done

SANY0084.jpg

Great job cleaning up your console. The before pics were pretty nasty. My console is probably overdue for a cleaning also, thanks to some messy previous owners. Maybe once I get some free time, I'll clean my console.

Looks great, man!

I go after mine with a toothbrush and a bit of murphys in warm water like once a month. But INSIDE the console is going to be another matter. The indicator strip that moves when you change gears has been MIA since I bought the car.

Don't ever drop a nickel through that hole. Guaranteed it will land in the perfect spot to prevent you from shifting into park.

Don't believe me? It happened to me. LOL

The indicator strip that moves when you change gears has been MIA since I bought the car.

X2. Mine has also been missing since I bought my car. I actually found some CD's underneath the console, no telling how long they were there, but the CD's still work. :lol:

The indicator strip that moves when you change gears has been MIA since I bought the car.

X2. Mine has also been missing since I bought my car. I actually found some CD's underneath the console, no telling how long they were there, but the CD's still work. :lol:

I wont tell you what I found inside of there. :)