any CS vert parts cars in the Nashville area?

kaptnjack

I found one foglight this week that was nice and clear in springfield Tennessee auto salvage.

My other one is intact but very dirty and cloudy.

I am going to try a vinegar bath and see if it clears it up.

Have you tried to clean these....Any suggestions?

The links I posted was to get a reference on what to look for when I was out although those looked nice.

Before I discovered Pull-A-Part where there's an abundance of fog lights, I bought a set at Autozone that are nearly the same size and adapted them to the OEM frame. Sits in there perfectly. They also are brighter even though they use an H3 bulb. I can't recall anything about the lens itself since the one on my driver's side was crumpled. I have removed the headlight from my motorcycle and sloshed soapy hot water around that cleared things up inside. Vinegar is the cure for almost everything so it should help. I am running back down to Lewisburg this weekend to pick up a plastic window moulding since my shattered. If they're open, I'll stop in at Bobby White's since they are close and I haven't been there in a long time. What should I look out for for you? I'll take a pic if I find anything you might be interested in. David

Pics would be great.

I called and talked to Bobby ...he said he had a few 2 doors but wasnt specific.

What plastic molding are you talking about?

I need the drivers side plastic trim around the rear deck/top area.

I have crawled over all the cuttys at pullapart on conference and havent found a nice fog yet.

Where are you going in lewisburg.....yard name...what do they have?

The vinegar didnt work, orange cleaner or windex or alcohol didnt either.

The foglight is rusted on the inside so I guess its toast...lense is very pitted too

The junk yard is North of Lewisburg on 431 and I think the name is Pelhams and is South of Wiles Ln on 431.

The trim moulding I am needing is for a 95 4-door passenger side. I know his is good because I took care removing it last weekend.

I should have grabbed it then, but, I didn't realize mine was shot.

Foglight: Which side do you need?

I found a business in Nashville that can rebuild the motor.

He did mine on a barter basis- I had some old Ford Flathead stuff he needed.

I'll look up the address and send it to you.

They are good at what they do.

kaptnjack - The light itself is not side specific, but the frame is- or, at least, that's my belief.

I also picked up an engine wiring harness for a 3100 in real good shape. I pulled it myself and did not cut anything- just unplugged it all. If anyone needs that I'll send it on. Bobby White's JY was closed again last Saturday. He must have made his million. David

I dug around and I have a foglight housing and bracket.

I would like to keep the bracket- that's why I pulled it.

If you want the housing it's yorn.

David

"Yorn"....we must be brothers from different mothers. :high5:

Anyway...I am ok on brackets...I found and bought an entire front bumper assembly and the brackets were good.

If the the foglight is nice and clean/clear...I could get some use out of it....thanks for the offer.

I brought the light housing with one plastic anchor to work in case you are downtown and want to pick it up.

Just call first- 253-2991 (Nashville). David

David...

nice meeting you today in person and thank you for the kind and generous gesture.

I have PM'ed you with some details on the repair situation.

• 2 years later...

Man they had a sweet looking black 97 convertible that got keyed up really bad i was gonna grab the 3.4 out of had all kinds of custom parts. Obviously a chick owned daddy bought car that had easily twice what it was worth work down to it. They crushed it and my hopes and dreams of the perfect donor car.

I have business in Brunswick, GA next week. I always make a habit of going by at least one of the Pull-A-Part's in the Atlanta area on my way down, and the Pull-A-Part in Columbia, SC on the way back...

The beauty is my company is paying my mileage (less the detour mileage to the junkyards)...so the trip is almost free for me.

I'll keep an eye out for convertible parts, if you like.