New Tires! input please

EviLette

Your probably running a 60 series tire... Thats what I have on my car too. If you go down to the 245 50s they are about .5" less sidewall, so if your only JUST rubbing, that would probably stop it.

What Goodyear Eagles did you have? they have a whole series under that name.

Jamie

I'll have to take that into account. How much do you think it would throw my speedo out? Or maybe it's already off! :lol:

Not sure which ones. When they sold them to me, they said "aquatread" specifically, they were labeled Goodyear Eagles... I'll have to run out to the car and snap a shot for exact numbers and whatnot, but the sidewalls read Goodyear Eagle Ultra Grip

Check your trunk lid for the original tire size too. There should be a sticker on the left hand side of the trunk lid.

If your stock size is supposed to be 245/50/16 and your actually running 225/60/16, then your speedo is off by 3.826% (when your speedo says your doing 60mph, you'd actually be doing 57.7mph :willynilly: )

Jamie

Check your trunk lid for the original tire size too. There should be a sticker on the left hand side of the trunk lid.

If your stock size is supposed to be 245/50/16 and your actually running 225/60/16, then your speedo is off by 3.826% (when your speedo says your doing 60mph, you'd actually be doing 57.7mph :willynilly: )

Jamie

Well, that would explain the lack of speeding tickets over the last few years! :lol:

Jamie

Well, that would explain the lack of speeding tickets over the last few years! :lol:

haha mine is off because i took the needles off when i changed the cluster backround... i changed it from black with red lights, to a silverish color that lights up blue... anyway the fact that im actually going slower than my speedo sais i still get speeding tickets :lol:

Guest GrandPrixlover1

Dude Uniroyal makes a good tire and they handle well in the snow and adverse weather conditions, and they're not too expensive. If you have a budget I'd say go to Big O tires, my brother got some tires there and they weren't too expensive for the mounting, balancing, etc... for an SUV. Of course it was expensive for his vehicle, but It might be different for yours, I don't know.

Dude Uniroyal makes a good tire and they handle well in the snow and adverse weather conditions, and they're not too expensive. If you have a budget I'd say go to Big O tires, my brother got some tires there and they weren't too expensive for the mounting, balancing, etc... for an SUV. Of course it was expensive for his vehicle, but It might be different for yours, I don't know.

We don't have Big O tires here. lol, no Les Schwab either... and I only know those nmaes cuz I work at 411. :redface:

in 92 the stock size was 245/50/16, in 94 it changed to 225/60/16

What is your budget?

What are the key points your looking for in a new tire? All season? summer? performance?

I've been shopping around for my own tires, looking for a higher performance tire, I've got mine down to the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3, and the Fuzion ZRi.

Here are a couple links to the pages on tire rack for these tires, read through the customer feedback, specs and all that...

Goodyear; http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+F1+GS-D3&partnum=45YR6F1GSD3&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=0

Fuzion; http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Fuzion&tireModel=ZRi

Jamie

Really?

Maybe my deck lid is from a 94+ coupe then.

Just snapped a photo of the sticker there.

Pixatapartment.jpg

Falken Ziex Ze512 - no complaints here at all, awesome wet, dry, etc. Rim protection also a plus.

Oh, and i had a set of those on my GP before I got the Goodyears. I wasn't impressed, lol. Not sure if they were that exact model, but they were Falken Ziex something or other.

245/50's are a wider tire, which would go along with the performance oriented packages. I know the sticker in Matt's (93luminaz34) TGP says 245/50. Someone should check the sticker in their -93 GTP...

Jamie