Has anyone put racing seats in a 93 Lumina

DeathScythe

I've never heard of a transversley mounted V8. Let alone a 32 valve V8. I bet you have some good acceleration, it bein a 32 Valve V8 and frontwheel drive. And by the way how much HORSEPOWER does that thing put out? Any 1/4 times?

Are you serious? V8s have been mounted in many FWD cars over the years. Cadillac in particular has been doing it since the sixties. The 96+ Taurus SHO offered a transverse V8 too. If you've never heard of a Northstar V8...they came in two different states of tune...300 HP being the most ever put into a FWD application.

http://www.babcox.com/editorial/us/us100232.htm

haha, right on. Although wasn't that Taurush SHO FWD a 3.4L V8? That's a pretty lame V8 if you ask me.

As far as the Northstar, they do indeed come in FWD applications, such as on my new 2005 Bonneville GXP. It comes with a 4.6L 32V Northstar V8 LD8 engine, which pushes 275hp/300ft-lb. There was a 300HP version of this same engine put on the Cadillac STS with different cams, although the 275HP version outperforms it because it has more evenly distributed power band.

The Pontiac Grand Prix GXP also came with a FWD 5.3L LS4 V8, with a throughput of 303HP and 323lb-ft. I believe this was the most powerful stock GM V8 engine to go into a FWD platform. However, this car is reported to have massive amounts of torque steer and traction control issues, which is why it rarely performs its rated 0-60 times.