Seafoam....

Guest GrandPrixlover1

Guest GrandPrixlover1

I don't know if I should mess with the seafoam this time around, I think I'll wait until my spark plugs need changed. They look really good right now. SO I would hate to seafoam my car and then have to change my spark plugs when they don't need to be changed. Do you guys think I should do this or go ahead and go for it and seafoam? Will the spark plugs be okay if I do it? so all I maybe need to do after I seafoam the car is just get the oil changed, which is close to needed being done anyways? Thanks for any help guys 8-) .

I love Seafoam...

I did it to the hondr....and it smoked like CRAZY

afterward, i got ~3mpg better and it idled way smoother.......the lady that had it before me for 8 yrs did nothing but idle around town....so you know there was tons of carbon there....I actually did 2 cans for good measure.

Strange... i beat the dog shit out of my car ( the pedals to the floor more than the other way around)... Tim seafoamed it about a year before he sold it to me (he wasnt easy on it either)... I did it at 107,000Miles and it smoked like a S.O.B i smoked the whole freakin block it was pathetic... so what im wondering is what would make my top end that dirty if neither of us where shy on the pedal? Also i didnt change my sparkplugs after i did it and i havent had a problem, that was roughly 8000 miles ago maybe more (they need changed now tho)

I tried Seafoaming my car today. I know it's the right hose, but for the life of me, I can't get the damned thing off. I got the clamp loose, but it just won't come off. Even the imprint of the hose clamp is forever....imprinted on the hose. I spent seven dollars on something I don't even get to use now except for pouring it in the gas tank or the crankcase... :cry:

Well, there is. It's one of the screw clamps. And the only vacuum hose attached to the brake booster, and it goes into the back of the intake. So, it's the right hose, but it won't come off. I can pull on it all day long with no results which pisses me off even more. :evil:

Not much room to take a pair of pliers and carefully wiggle it back and forth until it comes loose...

You should still be able to pop the elbow off from the booster itself.

i gotta get the oil changed in my car sometime this weekend. if i pour the seafoam into then engine it'll be ok to drive like 10 or 15 miles, right? also would that amount of distance clean out the crankcase or should i drive longer on it or not drive the luimi at all and use it like the engine flush stuff?

i seafoamed the car yesterday. i put like half a can in the gas tank and the other half i ran through the intake. i got quite a lot of smoke when i was putting it through the intake. i didn't have the chance to get the oil changed yesterday cause it was snowing and i don't have access to a garage to put my car into and monro was booked up. so i didn't even bother putting it in the crankcase. it does run better and it starts better since i did it. i also noticed that the car has more noticeable pick up.

Guest GrandPrixlover1

Hello all, today is the day. I will be seafoaming the car this afternoon, before I go get my oil changed. I'm gonna leave the spark plugs in for now. I think they'll be good for another 20,000 miles. I'll check them when the next oil change is due. I'll post up another reply after all is said and done. I've never done this before, so we'll see how it turns out. 8-)

lol i bet it could

All i know, if you juve your car a little gas every now and then itll clean up all that carbon buildup and itll be good to go, my friends dad is a service advisor at a lincoln dealership in orlando, and old ppl come in all the time with like 5k on their brand new towncars and shit, with hesitation, and it running like crap, all it needs is to be ran a little, get the carbon going, 87 octane burns dirty, the pcv valve lets blow by into the engine, and it all adds up, quit spending money on chemicals, and hit it when the light turns green maybie once a gas tank and ull be good lol

Not so much. I'm heavy on the gas pedal, and as stated before, there was plenty of carbon build up.

yeah, it still helps to do it every once in a while. i get on the cobalt pretty good and i seafoamed it at 10K at and smoked pretty good afterwards already. did it at 20K, also and same thing.

I drive my SE balls to the wall around town on once or twice on each tank of gas, but other than that, I drive it nice and always shift at 2k or lower and when I seafoamed it, I used a whole can and it didn't smoke at all!

Guest GrandPrixlover1

I did the seafoam thing on my car today, and I sure can feel a difference, not alot of smoke but quite a bit and She doesn't even smoke anymore,she burns so clean, even at idle. After applying the seafoam and revving her a bit, I drove her around the block, and then after that I let her cool down. Well a time after that I had to go to the store, and when I let her go a bit, she really got up and running!! I think I let all those ponies gallop at once, and man when she did, she went. I also like the growl she's got now when I lay it to the floor. ahhhh..... Just think if I add some glasspacks. LOL!!! HEHE!!! :cool:

Note: I don't lay my foot on the floor all the time when I'm driving her, just for this time only and maybe every now and then to clean it out while on the road, but thats it. Well, okay, once in a while I'll pull up to another sporty car and drag from light to light, but other than that, I don't like to put that much stress on the engine all the time.