Seafoam....

Guest GrandPrixlover1

Guest GrandPrixlover1

I was watching some vids on youtube, and I was watching people seafoaming their cars. Does this actually work and does it benefit the engine or does it hurt it. My car is almost due for an oil change, and my GP has only 68,800 miles on her. I don't know if seafoaming my car would either benefit, or hurt my engine? Thanks for any help. 8-)

What is it kinda like lucas? If so you car does not have that many miles on it at all. Reg oil changes air filter. Etc In the right hands and it will last your life time.

if you have lots of buildup in your engine it will help, but otherwise you might not notice too much of a difference. In both of the trucks I ran seafoam in, I had tons of smoke and they idled better after, but the cutlass not as much.

It will clean up carbon buildup. GM has there own brand as well, but it's the same thing.

Half bottle into your engine, half engine your gas (3/4 tank of gas). Once you've ran it through the engine, and you've went through that tank of gas, change your oil, and pull your spark plugs out and clean them up.

I was watching some vids on youtube, and I was watching people seafoaming their cars. Does this actually work and does it benefit the engine or does it hurt it. My car is almost due for an oil change, and my GP has only 68,800 miles on her. I don't know if seafoaming my car would either benefit, or hurt my engine? Thanks for any help. 8-)

Type in "seafoam" in the search here.

My favorite:

http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php?topic=51185.0

Like others have said, it cleans carbon buildup. More specifically, it cleans your intake, intake valves, and pretty much your whole top end.

I have done this on a few cars and your results will vary.

I did it to my TGP after replacing the fuel injectors (old injectors were stuck open, making it run extremely rich= carbon) When I did it to the TGP, it smoked quite a bit, not horrible, but it smoked out the driveway. I seafoamed the car again a couple months later and it barely smoked at all, so top end is clean now.

When I did it to my SE with 220k on it, I used half a can and it barely even smoked at all, so the top end on that car must be very clean.

lol i strangely was doing that today lol not even noticing this topic lol

I thought you weren't supposed to do it on a turbod engine? :thinking:

You can, but you cant spray it into the turbo. When I did it, I took off my upper IC pipe and sprayed it directly into the throttle body. Turbo is perfectly fine.

so, this means that all it can happen is for the good?? I have been thinking about doing this...

Nothing bad can happen from seafoaming a car. Worst case scenario is you would have to replace your sparkplugs and change your oil... which you should do both regardless after seafoaming a car.

My old Mazda truck smoked like a train...

My van let out barely a puff

Never did it to the '92 'vert because it was clean

Need to do it to the '94 'vert

Carbon build up really all depends on your driving style. If your vehicle was driven by an older person, or a person that doesn't care about getting anywhere too fast, carbon will build up quicker. But, if you bought it off of someone that got on the throttle a bit, there probably won't be much carbon to burn off.

I think my 3100 was so clean inside because I wasn't hesitant to run the throttle up past 3500 once in a while.... meaning every time I took off from a stop. :lol:

I know where you're coming from. :lol:

I think my 3100 was so clean inside because I wasn't hesitant to run the throttle up past 3500 once in a while.... meaning every time I took off from a stop. :lol:

I know where you're coming from. :lol:

:lol: