(SPLIT FROM F/S) 1992 5 speed turbo Z34 for sale. 400WHP!!!

gpchris

And in all honesty when you say spins in second that not impressive.. It should spin in third! In my neon, I can make a normal turn at a light in first then throw it into second and scream for 10 seconds.

dude, you arent hearing me. when i say spins in second, that aint by taking a turn! i mean rolling 45 mph in second, no clutch kick, burp the freaking throttle at 4 grand, and it breaks the fat ass tires loose to my 7500rpm fuel cut. this aint your f-in neon. lol

lol I take the turn in first then when it gets straight I put it in second a burn some rubber. I'm just saying when you go selling a car as nice as yours you dont go around saying "I can burn out in second!", lol people will think somthings wrong. Shit, do post pics though. Your car sounds amazing.

my car has 302 whp and it would spin the tires in 3rd at ~ 100mph on 245 series tires, i would need to see proof of the 400whp, also what torque you hit aswell.

mileage on the car? also what state is te car originally from (you may have said it but i missed it none the less)

my car has 302 whp and it would spin the tires in 3rd at ~ 100mph on 245 series tires, i would need to see proof of the 400whp, also what torque you hit aswell.

mileage on the car? also what state is te car originally from (you may have said it but i missed it none the less)

I can vouch for Jeff's car lighting them up in 3rd like crazy.

ok, the getrag 282j is probably the strongest front wheel drive transmissions gm ever used. it has extra internal webcasting. And guys, chirping the tires in 3rd dosent mean lighting them up. any real car guy knows that it takes WAY MORE than 300 whp to break tires lose in any auto or stick car by just hitting the gas. our cars are heavy. so lets get real here. YES, THE CAR MAKES 400 WHP AND 400 TQ at 9lbs. Do your reasearch. The airflow specs on a t4 with a .82 ar ratio will support 650hp. At 12lbs this car will make over 500 crank hp. Im not a rookie at this. How many people do you know have stand alone fuel management on a w-body?? I know what im doin. The body has NO RUST AT ALL. This car is 100% solid. Dyno sheets will come soon to settle all the non believers.

ok, the getrag 282j is probably the strongest front wheel drive transmissions gm ever used. it has extra internal webcasting. And guys, chirping the tires in 3rd dosent mean lighting them up. any real car guy knows that it takes WAY MORE than 300 whp to break tires lose in any auto or stick car by just hitting the gas. our cars are heavy. so lets get real here. YES, THE CAR MAKES 400 WHP AND 400 TQ at 9lbs. Do your reasearch. The airflow specs on a t4 with a .82 ar ratio will support 650hp. At 12lbs this car will make over 500 crank hp. Im not a rookie at this. How many people do you know have stand alone fuel management on a w-body?? I know what im doin. The body has NO RUST AT ALL. This car is 100% solid. Dyno sheets will come soon to settle all the non believers.

Your factory-Getrag 284-equipped Z34 now has a "282j" in it? I'm confused.

What other mods are on the car? 9psi on a stock DOHC will not make 400WHP. It takes more than that to achieve those numbers.

It took me 18psi to make 394WHP (yes, I know, different motor, but gaining that much on 9psi seems exaggerated).

you people are absolutely eating this guy alive. i have to say im skeptical of it too, but let him get his dyno sheets up.

he was answering the ? about 282s handling power. not saying he had one.

his internals are listed first post.

Teel's L67 (cam, 3.2 pulley, etc etc) 5spd spun 1 tire for a second or two in 3rd just gassing it, while i was in the car. i wouldnt consider that lighting them up at all but still impressive. his ran a 13.5 with the auto idk what itd be with the manual and having no traction and all. just my experience with good power behind a 282

Your factory-Getrag 284-equipped Z34 now has a "282j" in it? I'm confused.

What other mods are on the car? 9psi on a stock DOHC will not make 400WHP. It takes more than that to achieve those numbers.

It took me 18psi to make 394WHP (yes, I know, different motor, but gaining that much on 9psi seems exaggerated).

Different motor so you CANNOT compare. DOHC respond MUCH better to boost than pushrod engines. Depending on turbo 9psi at a T25 is COMPLETELY different than 9psi on a T4.

Wh ydont you guys stop being assholes and tearing him apart. Let him post up a dyno sheet. No wonder why nobody likes this fucking site...

hey dave, your 2valve per cylinder 3.8 dosent flow anywhere near as much as a 24v 3.4 Why do you think that a 91 3.4 made 210hp, but it wasnt till mid 2,000s that gm got more than 205 hp out of their na 3.8. try to realize that when the dohc was prototyped by gm, it made 280hp na. they choked the heads and intake to lower the power level. my heads have 40 hours of extensive porting, and port matched upper and lower intakes, along with an rsm racing intake. I didnt jump on ebay to buy junk to build this car. i have 5 grand in receipts from building the long block alone. Also, your eaton blower requires 10hp for every 30 it produces. That compared to a properly matched turbo setup that requires only about 3hp for every 30 it produces. I can understand your confusion cause you have little knowledge of turbos. Its not just psi that makes horsepower. Its all about flow. Hence why a t3/t4 makes less hp at 10psi than a straight t4 makes at 10psi. A t4-t70 is almost the biggest t4 you can buy. The next is a t4-t88. Look up the airflow charts, you might learn something.

your stories are all confusing...

you stated 400 and 400 whp and wheel torque @ 9lbs

and at 12 lbs the car would be capable of 500 crank hp, but in turn ur car would already be right around the 500 crank hp mark if you hit 400 whp.

also about the more the 300 whp needed to achive 3rd gear realistically a burnout (and 4th gear squats) i did it like i said, 302 whp and 409wtq @ 12 psi, basically stock motor too boot. if you need proof my dyno sheet is in the thread as well as a huge carnage thread from me breaking axles like there going out of style.

believe me i have no doubt a 3.4 can reach 400whp, but i need hard proof backing it up, also there would be no doubt in my mind that the car has been to the track if you put all that work into it, so what was your time and trap?

on a side note, slamdit, i honesty am also around the 25k mark into my car aswell, not including the car itself.

Wh ydont you guys stop being assholes and tearing him apart. Let him post up a dyno sheet. No wonder why nobody likes this fucking site...

x10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I don't recall anyone disliking the site because we wanted a dyno sheet :dunno: Basically, if he's claiming 400hp, we'd like to see proof. Heck, I can't even prove that I have 170, so I doubt anyone would actually believe thta I have 210 without proof

For the record, I don't recall anyone tearing him apart, just asking for proof.

AAaaaaaaaaanyways, that sounds like a sick car, and I'd love to not only see some numbers, I'd love to see some pics, or even a vid!

How many people on this forum does it take to ask for a dyno sheet? How many people on this forum need to say hes full of shit when claiming these numbers. How many people on this forum need to tell him its impossible for that engine to make that power with this and that? Read through this thread and youll see that. This site is VERY narrow minded that you cant even let someone say something about their car without 50 people being a dick and saying you cant do that because they dont know any details about anything. Like this thread. Other than what he mentioned, what do you people know about the rest of the engine?! NOTHING. Get off his ass and let him post a fucking dyno sheet when he feels like it.

Now back on topic I dont wanna take away from this thread. Mods do what you want with it.

I dont doubt that this car makes that much power. There are alot of people on here that will bash the shit out of what u say just becasue they are misinformed. I think that it takes a special person to won a 3.4 dohc let alone a 3.4 turbo. I just finished mine and man, when its up on jack stand I cringe. I love driving my car and wont trade it for a brand new car. Anywyas back on topic, awsome car hope it sells for 15gs

hey dave, your 2valve per cylinder 3.8 dosent flow anywhere near as much as a 24v 3.4 Why do you think that a 91 3.4 made 210hp, but it wasnt till mid 2,000s that gm got more than 205 hp out of their na 3.8. try to realize that when the dohc was prototyped by gm, it made 280hp na. they choked the heads and intake to lower the power level. my heads have 40 hours of extensive porting, and port matched upper and lower intakes, along with an rsm racing intake. I didnt jump on ebay to buy junk to build this car. i have 5 grand in receipts from building the long block alone. Also, your eaton blower requires 10hp for every 30 it produces. That compared to a properly matched turbo setup that requires only about 3hp for every 30 it produces. I can understand your confusion cause you have little knowledge of turbos. Its not just psi that makes horsepower. Its all about flow. Hence why a t3/t4 makes less hp at 10psi than a straight t4 makes at 10psi. A t4-t70 is almost the biggest t4 you can buy. The next is a t4-t88. Look up the airflow charts, you might learn something.

It was actually 1995 that the 3.8 had 205 hp and dykz34 already has a full frame T4 on his 3.8. Also you can't say that a T3/T4 is necessarily going to make more power than a full frame T4. It's very dependent on A/R ratios and turbine wheel. First, you could have T3/T4 and a T4 that both us the same compressor side. Then, if you have a stage V wheel in a .83 A/R housing on the T3/T4 and an O-trim wheel in a .58 A/R housing on the T4 and they are going to put down very similar numbers. I would even put money on the fact that the full T4 in that configuration would put down a little less HP. Also a T70 is not even close to being 'almost the biggest T4 you can buy.' There are the T72 and T76 just to add a few that are in the 70mm range, and I'm not even mentioning the GT or GTK turbos that can flow enough for over 1000hp. On another note, your car looks pretty nice and I'm sure whomever buys it will be getting a hell of a deal.

Poor guy gets 3 full pages of flaming in less than 48 hours. Give him some time at least. By the way, I'm quite sure that Tim was running 8 lbs and put down 350 WHP and torque. I'm sure that with the supporting mods that this guy has his numbers would be accurate. Not saying that proof wouldn't be needed if I was looking to purchase the car, but let's face it-- there might be at most 2 truly potential buyers on this site. I am a bit curious about what kind of half-shafts he's running though. And is the trans a 282 or a 284?

skalor, if you read what i said, i said a t3/t4 wont make as much power as a straight t4....especially on this motor. a t3 turbine would be to restrictive for the displacement of the motor. hybrids work great with small displacement engines, or as a twin setup on larger engines. the t4 i have has a .82 hotside, which is required for the displacement in order to keep from choking the engine up down low and slowing boost response. even with the large hotside on my engine, i make full boost by 2,900 rpm, and have an insane power band to 7500 rpm. And i failed to mention everyone that the gate is set a 9 psi, but it does level off at about 10psi from 4700rpm and up. Im not really interested in battling with people here on my car. I know what my car makes, and is capable of. This is a listing to sell a car, not a pissing match. And yes, it is an insane deal on my car.