Pioneer 6800MP - AUX Inputs

Grand Moff Joseph

Just picked up a Sandisk Sansa 8GB MP3 player. I plugged it into the AUX input on the bottom of the pioneer faceplate (AUX #1). It technically hooks in, but the sound is all F'd up. Specifically:

-Sound seems like it i coming only from the front right speaker

-Sound is VERY faint. I can turn the volume up to 35, and I can barely hear it

I know a few others here have this headunit, so any ideas/suggestions?

FYI, my system consists only of a single 12" sub and a dual channel amp, with stock speaker locations/sizes

The cable is plugged into the jack cofrrectly, and is utilizing a converter to shrink the size of the cable so it fits the jack on the front of the faceplate.

Both AUX 1 and AUX 2 are turned on in the HU settings. AFAIK, there is no input volume setting specifically.

The AUX inputs are meant for multimedia units, not just headphones.

but the unit you're using only has a headphone out, not an aux out as well? try only turning on the aux that you're using, instead of both

but the unit you're using only has a headphone out, not an aux out as well? try only turning on the aux that you're using, instead of both

OK, so the jack on the top of the Sansa is listed as a 'headphone port'. So, I guess this means that it's not suited to pump audio out the the HU?

I've never had an issue plugging a headphone to headphone cable from any portable audio device into an Auxilary input. I'd make sure the cable is good. Hell... even try another audio device that has an audio output.

• 1 month later...

Wow, I forgot about this thread.. :lol:

Anyway, I spoke to a few of the audio shops in the area, and the general consensus is that for most Pioneer decks that have both front and rear AUX inputs, the front input is pretty much useless for most devices. They said that the best thing to do is get a small adapter that plugs in to the back inputs and runs a connector wire out front - this supposedly works with everything but iPods, which have their own seperate adapter anyway.

I may look into doing this, since most of my friends do not have mp3 players. Any other thoughts?