tgp value

one_fast_prix

well, recent circumstances might actually force me to sell the tgp that i so long searched for, a black 89. now, i wanted to get you guys' opinion on if u think there is any chance of these things going up in value at the 20 year mark, or just as it's always been, no real value/desire for these cars. i didn't really think the 20 year mark made that much of a diff., but one of my buddies said his firebird went up significantly, but then again there is always desire for f-bodies.

After 20 years, values on most cars almost doubles...let me give you an example:

I own a 1987 Mitsubishi Montero, 2 door, piece of crap, thing has close to 200,000 miles on it, and they're notorious for problems. In 2006, the value was around $800 high end on KBB or NADA, can't remember which. 2007, same book gives the value at close to $2000....now I can tell you right now that thing isn't worth the rubber on the tires, but that's the appreciation value.

i can't see them being too much more desirable. its still a 20 year old W body, but if kept in nice shape that long, I could see why almost any car would be worth more at 20 than say 10

still, I'd say for a nice one now, probably 2-3k range, in a few years, probably the same, maybe add 2-300