Turbo care sticker?

Psych0matt

Anyone know anything of this? I saw something about it in a thread a guy was parting a car out, on the reverse side of the visor? just curious if anyone had/could get a picture of this, just cuz I'm curious :high5:

my turbo sunbird had something like that, I'd get you a pic but i scraped it a few months ago due to massive ammounts of rust, lol should have kept it, now that you mention that little detail i need one for my TGP clone.

sorry no pics

EDIT:actually now that i think about it were exactly is this sticker on a TGP, cause on teh backside of the visors of a GP there are mirrors and lights, were on sunbirds there is nothing, so there is room for the sticker, but the TGP wouldnt have that space there?

That was my post...and it may be a 1989 TGP thing only. Instead of mirrors, there's a sticker explaining to let the engine warm up to ensure oil reaches the turbo and to let it cool down afterwards...I can take a picture of mine if you like. I just need a replacement since the visor itself is shot.

that'd be awesome if you would. I remember reading that somewhere else as well, but that was probably in the turbo supplement manual. now that I think about it, i know it was.

My '90 has it as well. I'm assuming all TGP's and ALL GM turbocharged cars probably have a similar sticker from the factory.

I just snapped a picture(yes, I know it's a shitty picture :wink:) of the sticker(s).

visor.jpg

I'm guessing someone removed the one on my STE because the sticker is not there. However, my dads '90 TGP has the sticker on the visor.

Not really a big deal to have the sticker there, its a turbo car let it warm up before beating on it and let it cool down before you shut it off. Seems pretty simple.

its not so much that I didn't know any of the stuff on it, I just thought it was a cool thing added and wondered what it looked like. not as cool as i thought, but still a neat thing if you're going for all original

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of aftermarket remote starters have those built in now. I would've liked to have one myself but 5-speeds and remote starters don't seem to mix very well.

mine on the cutty has a valet mode, if you hit the start button on the remote, you'll here the module click and the lights flash, and you can get out and let it still run. was handy last night when loading up my drums in the dark cold

A lot of aftermarket remote starters have those built in now. I would've liked to have one myself but 5-speeds and remote starters don't seem to mix very well.

then just get a turbo timer

Turbo timers are for the shut off of the vehicle, not the startup, therefore if you had a 5 speed it would not affect the operation concidering you prob only set the ebrake when you get out of the car, the timer would keep the engine on for a preselected amount of time, wired into the ignition... not fun to do yourself... remote starts are wired into the ignition also but its for..... u guessed it

• 2 weeks later...

yea I purchased the the Viper system that has both Turbo timer and remote start and Gutless aint kiddin they don't mix very good, thats all I'll say :redface:

Heres the one I bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Viper-Alarm-System-Remote-Start-Brand-New-791-XV_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33721QQihZ002QQitemZ120190223072QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW