My car is fixed!!! Here's what was wrong...

SnipSnip

Hello. I was an ignition coil. My mechanic that has had my car for the last couple months finally gave up. So, I took my car to my dads because it was the closest place I could limp it to. My dad is 74 years old and has been a mechanic since he was 12, raised on a farm, and then in the military, and then he owned a service station, and then he went into business for himself, buying cars at auctions and fixing them up and reselling them. (Which is why I know more than the average girl about cars. I think dad wanted a son but got me instead and being a girl didn't matter to him. I spent years under the hoods of cars learning from him...and chopping wood, his other business.) But he knows very little about newer cars. But...he has a friend...a guy I went to high school with, and my dad asked him to take it. He replaced an ignition coil and it runs like a dream again. I go and pick the car up tonight. I knew that it had to be something relatively simple. We'll see if it keeps running great after I get my hands on it. That car seems to hate me...and I love it so much!! I guess it's like having a teenager...I'll just keep working with it until it likes me again!! Talk to you all again after I get it back tonight!! I am so excited to get it back!!!

Snip

Glad it's fixed, and all it took was a coil!!!

I hope all the other attempts to fix the problem didn't cost too much.

I've had to replace a lot of coils in these W-bodies.

Yes, running on 4 cylinders, car shaking all over, can't drive it in OD...none of it good.

And to JPaganel...my long, girlie fingernails are to blame for that typo. I 'd try to hit the "t" key and hit the t, and the 6 and the F5 and shut my monitor off all it one stroke!! Pretty good, huh??? I hacked them all off tonight though. Sure was funny!!! Smart ass...LOL :lol:

SnipInHeavenBecauseShesGotHerCarBack

snips90tgp.jpg

That's a hot car! However do us all a favor and run over that mechanic that had it for 2 months! One of the first things to check when an engine is running on 4 cylinders is for fuel and spark!