subs under back seat

blakngold4life

those are 8s. it would be possible to fit tens if you would be willing to sacrifice a bit of arm room for your two passengers.

as it was, i could sit in the back seat comfortably. i'm 5'9" and about 200 lbs, so not on the small side.

also, i wanted it to look as stock as possible. if you used tens, they would protrude past the width of the opening and look weird.

those are 8s. it would be possible to fit tens if you would be willing to sacrifice a bit of arm room for your two passengers.

as it was, i could sit in the back seat comfortably. i'm 5'9" and about 200 lbs, so not on the small side.

also, i wanted it to look as stock as possible. if you used tens, they would protrude past the width of the opening and look weird.

Ah ok. How is the low end bass reproduction on those 8" subs? I'm talking 20-40 hz. I'm getting a lot of ideas looking at these projects, since I have a lot of open space in the middle of my rear buckets.

Ah ok. How is the low end bass reproduction on those 8" subs? I'm talking 20-40 hz. I'm getting a lot of ideas looking at these projects, since I have a lot of open space in the middle of my rear buckets.

i personally wouldn't recommend those subs. they get pretty low, even though i have them i the smallest recommended sealed enclosure. however, power handling is not great. reliability is, imho, terrible. also, they are not as loud as i would expect.

on a budget, though, i think they are a fantastic deal.

did you need to cut through the back seat and have the subs enclosed, or did you just put them into the seat?

that is the seat of an ste. it has a fold-down arm rest and pass-through there. i took out the arm rest and pass-through and fit the box in the factory opening. i only lost a tiny, tiny bit of trunk space to the back end of the box

yes it is real good for beginner fiberglass projects. that was the first thing I ever did. total success.

next I am doing like a bass cannon type thing in the back corner by the taillight. Its going to be way lighter and strong as hell. and take very little space.

1 cubic foot.

reason I say needs to be in the trunk. there is no real cubic feet available to install into in the car. without sacrificing one of the seats. the only way would be a large center hump between the back seats on the floor. would have to be fiberglass and would make it more cramped back there by your feet. or small subs like stockgp's pass thru enclosure.