Few New Pix - New CD Deck!

GP1138

Only problem is, the frigging thing takes FOREVER to scroll through artists. I can sit there for a literal minute and a half to get to Queen or Genesis or something. I have too much music. :lol:

The iPod also caches faster than the external drive. When I start the car, the hard drive spins and it says "Format Read" for about two minutes, then it starts playing from when I shut it off.

It's nice to not have to take the iPod out every time, but if it's going to be this much of a bitch, I might just start doing that again.

• 4 weeks later...

I returned the Pioneer because it stopped ejecting CD's... I barely got the last one I put in it back. They had a nice Kenwood on sale, the KDC-MP635 - originally $259, it was on sale for $169. It has a 64-color display and a performance analyzer (g-force sensor).. I couldn't resist. Pioneer definitely has the corner on sound settings though... this one has LPF and HPF's, but I can't select anything but three bands for EQ, and only on certain frequency centers, which blows ass.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=300&i=113MP635&search=MP635&tp=5684

That's the deck I have. I bought the AUX-input that plugs straight into the bottom of my iPod, and I just control the iPod itself, and it uses the line-level out from the dock connector, which I prefer to the headphone jack. Much cleaner sound and I don't mind using the iPod's controls. Means I don't have to stretch my hand out for extended periods of time while I'm driving.

It's a rather plain-looking unit, not flashy, which in a car with excessive amounts of orange backlighting is rather nice, whereas with the old Pioneer it was orange orange orange BLUE all of a sudden.

Pioneer still hasn't fixed that cd eject problem? Jesus my friend's deck from 4 years ago had the same problem, as did all the other Pioneer decks he bought. He finally just witched brands and hasn't had any issues since!

Pioneer still hasn't fixed that cd eject problem? Jesus my friend's deck from 4 years ago had the same problem, as did all the other Pioneer decks he bought. He finally just witched brands and hasn't had any issues since!

Apparently not, and it's irritating because other than that, I loved that deck. Sounded great, looked very nice, and other than the eject mechanism, worked fine. I just can't really reconcile spending $200+ on something that doesn't work properly.

I've never had that problem with a Pioneer.

neither have I... and Ive had 4 of them!

This is admittedly the first time I have experienced this problem. I would have simply exchanged for the same unit by it has been discontinued.

This is admittedly the first time I have experienced this problem. I would have simply exchanged for the same unit by it has been discontinued.

Would they have let you upgrade for the price difference?

Would they have let you upgrade for the price difference?

Yes, but this unit was bought on sale, and the next model up is $70 more.