Few New Pix - New CD Deck!

GP1138

Pioneer DEH-P6900UB - USB drive compatible - I have my iPod on it now, but eventually I'm going to get an 80GB drive and enclosure and just throw all my MP3's on it and embed it in the car.

DSC00678Medium.jpg

DSC00681Medium.jpg

DSC00683Medium.jpg

And a pic of the car itself, and the PERFECT Lumina dashpad I picked up at Pick 'n' Pull!

DSC00014Medium.jpg

DSC00676Medium.jpg

so, about the 80g drive and enclosure, im not sure but it might not work, since flash drives are solid state and don't need much power at all, and the actual drives do. May want to check that out first :wink: otherwise nice!

so, about the 80g drive and enclosure, im not sure but it might not work, since flash drives are solid state and don't need much power at all, and the actual drives do. May want to check that out first :wink: otherwise nice!

It powers my iPod alright, and I've seen reviews where people had drive enclosures that were powered fine.

I actually might take my AC/DC inverter, wire it up stealthlike and just use one of the regular hard drive enclosures lying around here

thats the same deck I got. got it in the new tgp. has pretty good sound but I dont like the menus as much as the jvc.

works good with my ipod too. I just throw it in the glove box where the wire runs to.

the only thing other than the menu that I dont like is how the bright ass blue clashes with everything. it makes my interior look kind of ghetto fabulous.

Ill probably throw it in the truck and get something less blue. :lol:

Not too bad of a deck.

I have found, however, that Pioneer's actually have a pretty weak internal ground. Use that little screw that held in that plastic piece on the back of the deck, and ground out the CD player chassis as well.

Otherwise... I can't say too much bad about them. I'm considering a Premier series deck myself.

the only thing other than the menu that I dont like is how the bright ass blue clashes with everything. it makes my interior look kind of ghetto fabulous.

Ill probably throw it in the truck and get something less blue. :lol:

thats the blue the interior lights of my car are and in trying to get my UB3 and ECC and the rest of my dash controls to be that same blue

I have found, however, that Pioneer's actually have a pretty weak internal ground. Use that little screw that held in that plastic piece on the back of the deck, and ground out the CD player chassis as well.

Is this just from your knoweledge of electrical engineering, or does this manifest itself in distortion, is it hard on the equipment or anything?

Is this just from your knoweledge of electrical engineering, or does this manifest itself in distortion, is it hard on the equipment or anything?

Noticed it on one install, excessive amount of noise. Only after I did every type of troubleshooting in my power, I finally called my tech line. The only other thing he could think of was grounding out the chassis, since I had done everything else. Cleared it up BIGTIME.

Aparantly it's been a problem for a while.

And a pic of the car itself, and the PERFECT Lumina dashpad I picked up at Pick 'n' Pull!

DSC00014Medium.jpg

DSC00676Medium.jpg

Pick 'n' Pull FTMFW!! i need to go there myself for some stuff for the monte, very nice deck BTW.

OK, this deck frigging rules. I had a spare 80GB laptop hard drive sitting around, so I copied all my MP3's to it, had iTunes arrange them all (so they were all in alphabetical folders) and put them into 26 lettered folders by artist, and just use an external enclosure and the USB cord included with the deck and play that through the head unit. It works just like an iPod, and I can just leave that in my car. I'll probably embed it in the dash, and yank it out once in a while to add new songs. It's powered by the HU, so I don't even need another power supply.

OK, this deck frigging rules. I had a spare 80GB laptop hard drive sitting around, so I copied all my MP3's to it, had iTunes arrange them all (so they were all in alphabetical folders) and put them into 26 lettered folders by artist, and just use an external enclosure and the USB cord included with the deck and play that through the head unit. It works just like an iPod, and I can just leave that in my car. I'll probably embed it in the dash, and yank it out once in a while to add new songs. It's powered by the HU, so I don't even need another power supply.

Have you noticed any features that don't work when using the hard drive? I'm curious if the "COMP" (compression) and "BMX" (Bit Media eXpander) functions will work when playing MP3's off the hard drive or if it's from CD only.

Noticed it on one install, excessive amount of noise. Only after I did every type of troubleshooting in my power, I finally called my tech line. The only other thing he could think of was grounding out the chassis, since I had done everything else. Cleared it up BIGTIME.

I thought you had to do that with every deck. Ive done it to all of mine ( including 3 Pioneer's ) and never had a problem with anything.

I thought you had to do that with every deck. Ive done it to all of mine ( including 3 Pioneer's ) and never had a problem with anything.

Nope, you generally just use the ground in the harness. And... it really isn't necessary to do to the Pioneer's either, unless you are experiencing some feeback.