Ugly with a capital U

Clarke33

looks good but wheres the tail lights? did you move them to the empty reverse light holes?

yup

and out of nowhere... slamditt posts.

you could at least spell my name right :nono:

Can you take a pic of how you did the tails? Moving them to the reverse lights...Did you keep the reverse lights? I'm contemplating going with an Euro look on my '92..

Can you take a pic of how you did the tails? Moving them to the reverse lights...Did you keep the reverse lights? I'm contemplating going with an Euro look on my '92..

Ya, I can take a pic or 2 of it, it will probably be this weekend as I work the rest of the week.

Basically, the bucket that holds the reverse light isn't that different than the tail light bucket. The plugs have 3 ridges that you line up and push the socket in and turn. That "turning" locks the socket in place. If you take out your tail light socket and try to line it up to the reverse light bucket, it won't fit. Solution...take a dremel tool and reem a spot in the reverse light bucket so everything lines up and that is it in a nutshell. The reverse lights are gone, I could modify the piece harder and put them in but I just went with all 4 tail light bulbs for the brightest possible light. I don't drive it enough where reverse lights are a must.

This winter I am ditching the reverse bar all together and welding steel between the 2 tail light fillers and gonna flush mount high end LED strips for tail lights. I think it will look cleaner with the shaved ass end of the car.

-Sean

p.s. i currently have both LED bulbs and red colored bulbs back there. I have found that painted bulbs don't hold up as well over time and the LED bulbs came from the Auto parts store and are better, but.....the LED bulbs are not perfect. After I bought all the bulbs I read that there are higher intensity LED bulbs than what are sold in an autoparts store that still plug right into the sockets. I would go brighter if I had it to do all over again. These work but they could be better. Also, if you shave your tails like mine...make sure ALL the bulbs in ure high mount brake lamp are working. They make all the difference stopping. I have had old people bitch at me for "running a car with no rear lights" andthat high mount lamp makes me feel alot better when stopping with traffic behind me.

Sorry for the long-winded post.

Shaved Cutlass trunklid.....they look good in my opinion

You know, I don't even usually like the big wheel/narrow tire look on the 1st gens, but fully slammed...this car is tasty! Nice job, Sean.

Ok, I just looked at the car called "ugly" in this post and I gotta say DAMN. Black wheels have a place in life, but not on that car!

-Sean

Thank You :high5: I was beginning to think I was the only that could see the ugliness.

Thank You :high5: I was beginning to think I was the only that could see the ugliness.

No, that red and black Cutlass is one of the ugliest creations I have ever seen--I didn't think we needed to labor the point. Between that and the fact that it doesn't seem to start right, he'll be lucky to sell it for $800. If it was just the exterior...but the interior is wrecked too and it would take so much time and effort to fix. Sad.