wheel speed sensor

GtipGary

SO my ABS light has been on for a while and i cant figure out why. Someone told me that it is probably a wheel speed sensor. Anther person told me that i could probably take them out and look at them and that one or both of them would probably be rusted. That if i sanded the rust off of them that they would work again... opinions???¿¿¿

IIRC.... that means you shouldn't be driving at all. the ABS unit is indicating a failure that could compromise your brakes.

It is not just a wheel sensor.

PLEASE pull the ABS fuse and tell us if both lights turn off. I did this on my 92 vert. and I haven't looked back... yet.

IIRC.... that means you shouldn't be driving at all. the ABS unit is indicating a failure that could compromise your brakes.

PLEASE pull the ABS fuse and tell us if both lights turn off. I did this on my 92 vert. and I haven't looked back... yet.

Shit ive been driving it like this since last winter! I actually did pull the ABS fuse recently (two weeks ago) it shut off the parking brake light not the ABS light. Someone told me that when the ABS light comes on soo does the p brake light... but not the other way around.

yeah... and i had the car on the lift at the shop i work at on friday. I guess the sensors are in the hub so you have to take the hub out. So the guy who was looking at it with me told me to just have someone put the scanner on it to tell me which one it is instead of taking them all out.

Not to hijack entirely, what does it mean when the ABS comes on as soon as the car is started vs it coming on once it starts moving? The ABS light in my GP has always came on instantly whereas the ABS light in the now-gone Cutlass wouldn't pop on until it got above a few mph.