What do you guys use? Lowering Springs...

Cam'ron

Or reccommend? I am taking the monte off the road this winter for a couple reasons, bad drivers and upgrades! Need the downtime for the PCM to get reprogrammed and i am going to lower the car. Kinda looking for a 1 - 1.5" drop. I have been told a Eibach/KYB combo would do the trick nicely. What are your opinions or experience with these. Its all new to me :lol:

well actually the KYB's are priced not bad at all... only like $160 bucks for the 4... helluva lot cheaper then going to GM for new OEM parts. But yeah im looking arounf for the KYB's and the springs... first shop i went to wanted $330 for the eibachs

everyone says that Eibach springs are too harsh, and they will give you pogo. thats why i got the SSC springs from ZZP(the ssc springs are supposed to be in between the eibachs and stock in terms of stiffness), and their anti-pogo washers. i coupled them with kyb gr2, and i wouldnt recommend that. my gr2 are already blown by the springs, so now im looking at getting the AGX's, which are more than twice as much $$ as the gr2. :evil:

everyone says that Eibach springs are too harsh, and they will give you pogo. thats why i got the SSC springs from ZZP(the ssc springs are supposed to be in between the eibachs and stock in terms of stiffness), and their anti-pogo washers. i coupled them with kyb gr2, and i wouldnt recommend that. my gr2 are already blown by the springs, so now im looking at getting the AGX's, which are more than twice as much $$ as the gr2. :evil:

damn really? I haven't heard of the GR2's going out so fast.

Is there a certain color that each company who puts out lowering springs paint/powdercoat their springs? I have the Twin Dual Cam lowering package and I am trying to figure out which springs are on there. Mine are red. Someone would probably know just from it being the twin dual cam package.

I like the way my Intrax's ride in my TGP, much less harsh than the ST's in my Z34.

The ST/KYB combo in my Z34 was very harsh.

Really? I think mines a great ride... Its deff not stiff at all

I like the way my Intrax's ride in my TGP, much less harsh than the ST's in my Z34.

The ST/KYB combo in my Z34 was very harsh.

Really? I think mines a great ride... Its deff not stiff at all

Yeah, mine was rough as hell.

Did you have FFP's in the rear? Ive noticed over some bumps its kinda hard

Rear was bone stock. Which could possibly be part of the reason why it was so harsh- the weight was shifted a bit forward.

I got FastForwardPerformance coilovers on the rear w/ KYB GR-2s (i think that what they're called). I also have KYB GR-2s in the front. They actually lifted my ride one full inch. I want to drop my car. I'm gonna cut the front springs. It's GHETTO fo sho.... but I really dont a rat ass any more. It's a damn '93 Lumina that's probably worth $900 at best, so screw it. I ain't dropping any more money into this shit pile unless it's in my future audio system. I'm dropping the front by 2.5" by cutting the spring about 2 full rotations. Just using a griding wheel. The JCWhittney springs are way too hard and very stiff. Rides is a bit uncomfortable. The KYB struts give a great solid ride. Cutting the springs will just allow me to drop it without loseing ride comfort. Well that's at least what I'm hoping it'll do. Then I'll just lower the coilovers as uaual till I get a even ride, and TADA! I really couldn't care if the car falls about, as long as she doesn't do it while I paying the loan back that it took to fix her back up. If she and I survive another year, I'll be surprised.

I got my springs shipped to my door for like $120.... then $180 to install then at the local dealer... $300.... cant put a price on safety/good ride

That's already one third of the value of my car. Will I make this money back?