no brake light 98 lumina?

1979lee

Hi all, i have no brake lights on my 98 lumina , got turn singals and running lights, backup lights but no brake lights, Ideas??? :idea:

bulbs and wireing look good, hell it looks like there the original bulbs :biggrin:

thanks

GUYS!!!!! give him the correct answer!!!!

IT is a bad turn signal switch. IMO It could be dismantled, contacts cleaned/ bent to retension, re-lubricated, and reinstalled.

if that is beyond your abilities... get a new switch.

Thank you for the info. I have seen probly 30 1.5 gen w-bodys, and full size GM vans with this problem. Now I know how to tell em to fix it on the W-body, is it the same problem on the full size GM vans.

Yeah, stupid fucking TSS. But, at least I can pull forward on it to make the lights go on :D

The part is about 52$ at the local autozone here, you just need to be careful if you replace it (Airbag).

well i got the switch replaced today, but the new one is crap, so looks like i'm still screwed till the shop, can replace the bad one on monday... :frown:

at least i have brake lights know, but they still go out whey you use the left turn signals, damn after all of this man this car is starting to bug me :eek:

thanks for the info DiscoStudd , very helpfull,btw what happened to the gm service info site did the change the address becasus its been dow know for at least a weeks

http://65.175.136.163:9001/servlets/Home (dosent work)