Red 89 For Sale

mts

I have a low mile (40k) red 89 for sale. I'm the second owner. The car is in excellnt shape. A spoiler was added to the trunk lid other than that it's stock. It's a great runner.

ano reasonable offer will be turned down.

I'm located in Pittsburgh

mts

mts4757@bellatlantic.net

Just a tip, without stating an asking price it is a LOT harder to sell a car, because people are afraid that they are gonna offer more than you would be asking for the car, or they just think it is too expensive. An asking price would be nice. Pics usually help also.

Yeah..pics are always good.

Does it have any of these TGP options..

- Leather

- Sunroof

- Stock Cd Player

WITHOUT those above options, and giving the car a rating of "clean", edmunds.com values it at around $1800 private party value. That is going by their exclusive "true market value" system. And I wouldn't pay a dime over what edmunds says it's worth :wink:

I agree pics need to be added to this post. How do you attatch the pics ??? I've never done that on this sight, let me know.

As far as the value for this very low, original mileage car. Check out autosite.com who recignize the tgp for what it is. The value is between $6,000 and $7,500 for a car with the low mileage.

I'll let this one go for less!!! You have to relize your not dealing with a stock 89 Grand Prix here. 1,800 might put ypu in one of those, but not this one.

mts

As far as the value for this very low, original mileage car. Check out autosite.com who recignize the tgp for what it is. The value is between $6,000 and $7,500 for a car with the low mileage.

I'll let this one go for less!!!

You still didn't state an asking price. You said you would let it go for less. Well anything from $5999 to free is less. Seriously, state an asking price, you will get a LOT more interested buyers. To add pics you need to put them on a picture host, then click IMG in the post, paste the address of the pic, then click IMG again, very simple and straightforward. You also still did not state the options it has. There are only 3 TGP options, and they are very obvious so just say if it has Leather, a Sunroof, or a Factory CD Player.

You have to relize your not dealing with a stock 89 Grand Prix here. 1,800 might put ypu in one of those, but not this one.

Well I will let you know that $1500 had me in my TGP, and it isn't high mileage or anything. It had 105,000 on it when I got it and runs good. It needs paint on the hood louvers ($20 fix) and it has a boost problem, that seems to be something minor, but I can't seem to find it, it is a vacuum leak I think. We had an oil leak fixed on it for $100, and it needs a new lower motor mount ($125 installed). So after we fix everything we will have ~$1800 into it, and it will be just as nice as yours except with a few more miles. I don't care what a site says the car is worth, it is only worth what the buyer is willing to pay, and I don't think anybody is gonna spend $6000 on a 1989 Grand Prix, no matter how nice, not even people on here.

I think a nice red TGP with low mileage will find its way to a happy new owner with the right asking price. I did check out autosite.com and found that they think my 126k STE turbo is worth more than my 83k Trans Am. Don't think that will ever happen.

I get so sick of people saying the TGP isn't worth 4-7K range when in fct you couldn't replace it for that. I've got one sitting in my garage right know that I wont take a dime less than $5500! If his car is as clean as the mileage would indicate, he should ask for ^k or better....just not here. Too many experts on the value of these cars and besides, you want it as cheap as you can get it right? So oh yea, its only worth $1500 - 2K. wink wink.

I get so sick of people saying the TGP isn't worth 4-7K range when in fct you couldn't replace it for that. I've got one sitting in my garage right know that I wont take a dime less than $5500! If his car is as clean as the mileage would indicate, he should ask for ^k or better....just not here. Too many experts on the value of these cars and besides, you want it as cheap as you can get it right? So oh yea, its only worth $1500 - 2K. wink wink.

Check it out at http://www.edmunds.com. Find the REAL MARKET VALUE of the car. That's where I got my prices from. I'm just stating what I found.

You have to relize your not dealing with a stock 89 Grand Prix here.

You said in your first post that except for the spoiler..it IS stock. :roll:

I don't care what a site says the car is worth, it is only worth what the buyer is willing to pay, and I don't think anybody is gonna spend $6000 on a 1989 Grand Prix, no matter how nice, not even people on here.

That is the truth!

yea you choose edmunds, others look at kelly blue book, autosite, NADA bla bla bla. The fact is you happen to use edmunds that gives the car as little value as any other valuation guide I know. Look at http://www.traderonline.com, you'll see the low mileage TGPs don't sell for $1500-$2500 regardless what Edmunds says.

The true value of these cars is what someone is willing to pay. Edmunds is simply a GUIDE for the valuation of the vehicle in a retail or wholesale manner, Its not the law anymore than autosite and others are. Those sites do have their place though, they can be especially useful for the novice when purchasing a pre owned vehicle.I would have to believe that the majority of us have pre owned car buying experience. Most of us bought our TGPs thiat way.

the low retail value of these cars is a big reason why lots of cars are parted out. Seems like finding parts is hard, but to most people the value of a TGP isn't that much. Probably just like a special edition (insert car here) that we don't know too much about isn't worth crap to us.

Guest Anonymous

It has leather (tan), sunroof and cassette. I think. I'm pretty sure this is the car I got pics of awhile back when it was for sale. I'll load some pics of it and you tell me if it's yours.

http://photo.starblvd.net/~redturbo90/6-3-4.jpg?i=1060127072

http://photo.starblvd.net/~redturbo90/6-3-5.jpg?i=1060127154

http://photo.starblvd.net/~redturbo90/6-4-1.jpg?i=1058356864

http://photo.starblvd.net/~redturbo90/6-4-2.jpg?i=1060127348

dbtk2,

Thanks for your help with the pics, and I agree a price needs to be put on this low mile tgp.

Rick 5638,

Your on the money with your thoughts,

"edmunds" numbers are the ones you want if your buying a tgp or if you don't relize you have one. On the other hand autosite knows what we have, and this one only has 40k original miles !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks !!

idbeast,

maybe you ought to sell all your hot rods at "edmunds price" and buy one good one. If your interested I have one for sale.

no1kicker,

Thanks I owe you one. That is the car, I was just to computer illiterate to get the pics on the post. Thanks again!!!!

mts

Hey MTS, sorry to see you need to move on. Didn't your car have only about 20K just about 2 years ago ? I had posted a ? of who had the lowest mileage TGP and I believe your were the winner. Mine had 42k at the time. I had just bought it for $4800 and private seller was asking $6500 I have priced these cars for many years and I was glad to pay that amount. Some people can buy cars wholesale and think everyone should sell their car dirt cheap. You can get about what you want so long as you don't try to sell it here or to a dealer.

mts,

congrats on a nice looking, well kept example of what these cars can be.

It seems the debate on these cars value raises its controversial head once every 3 months or so. I am asking you to do yourself and the rest of us that own low mileage mint TGPs to stick to your guns on the price. It will only help us all in the long run. That car deserves an owner that is willing to pay $5700 or better for a car that was way ahead of its time and is still like new. Performance, comfort and features? You'll never replace it for $5700 in todays market!

Good Luck