Christine back in her day !! Bump 08/28/09 !!

boulevard

:smile: Hello all :smile:

I hope you know what your getting into reading this post. Please no winers and cry babies. As most know a tree fell on my '93 Lumina Z34 Christine. I've been removing parts off of this Lumina Z34 from a local junk yard. As part of her reconstruction I had to get this rear quarter panel off and delivery it to my body guy Alex. Alot of $$$$ and time later we finally got this piece in the shop.

I actually thought she'd fix herself up like in the movies. I'm such a dork.

Enjoy!

Remove all parts

th_IMG_7338.jpg

Remove all interior also

th_IMG_7339.jpg

Break out rear window

th_IMG_7340.jpg

Cut top through door head & rear window head

th_IMG_7345.jpg

Cut bottom through door sill thru to floor knock out

th_IMG_7346.jpg

Cut rear close as possible to spare wheel well follow through into floor of trunk through to car interior floor

th_IMG_7343.jpg]

Cut through rear deck - remove trunk hinge rods - do not cut thru them

th_IMG_7342.jpg

Cut through rear deck - other pic

th_IMG_7344.jpg

Before this quarter of the car comes off, your gonna have a lot of other shit your gonna have to remove. This took the longest.

Plus it was like 92 degrees yesterday and we were in direct sunlight. It sucked!

Following pics are of the aftermath. The Z34 tilted forward when we got the piece off. That was a definet surprise.

th_IMG_7347.jpg

th_IMG_7348.jpg

th_IMG_7349.jpg

th_IMG_7350.jpg

th_IMG_7351.jpg

th_IMG_7352.jpg

th_IMG_7353.jpg

th_IMG_7354.jpg

th_IMG_7355.jpg

th_IMG_7356.jpg

th_IMG_7358.jpg

PICS FROM PREVIOUS POSTING - PICTURES OF OTHER PARTS REMOVED - EVERYTHING YOU SEE MISSING OFF THIS CAR ARE THE PARTS I TOOK OFF - PRETTY MUCH THE WHOLE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are a couple of pics of the Maui Blue Lumina that I stripped down in the Junk Yard near me. i took off everything you see missing. Didn't take long at all. Pretty good for a camera phone! These pictures also show the front bumper reinforceer, I also took this piece later that day.

th_193463658_642141492_0.jpg

th_193463481_642140904_0.jpg

th_193463269_642140223_0.jpg

th_193463046_642139505_0.jpg

th_193462868_642138935_0.jpg

th_193462669_642138289_0.jpg

th_193462535_642137850_0.jpg

Side skirts and rear bumper are in MINT shape, there still in the junkyard!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• boulevard

• Psych0matt

• Hairdo12

• 19Cutlass94

you are just about as nuts as me when it comes to putting these cars back together!

At least Im not the only one. You should see all the work we put into her when I first got her. It would probably floor some people. I had all the glass and trim removed from the car yesterday and progress is now moving along. Not much has been done but tonight is the first night of actual tear down. That damn piece was stupid heavy. I need to go back for the trunk lid hinge from the passenger side.

you are just about as nuts as me when it comes to putting these cars back together!

At least Im not the only one. You should see all the work we put into her when I first got her. It would probably floor some people. I had all the glass and trim removed from the car yesterday and progress is now moving along. Not much has been done but tonight is the first night of actual tear down. That damn piece was stupid heavy. I need to go back for the trunk lid hinge from the passenger side.

You guys arnt the only ones! :lol:

Thanks for the support and the encouraging words. I stopped by my buddies shop tonight to check out the progress.

I took a couple pictures that I will be posting in a couple of minutes.

This is fun but not as fun as it was the first time around. The first time around I was there every step of the day. We drank every day :cheers: and smoked up :razz: everynight. Those nights were alot ALOT of fun. ha ha!

See you guys in a few.

Here are more pics of my Z34. This is from today Sept. 1, 2007. With all the weight off this car, she should be able to run 9's.... ha ha

th_IMG_7400.jpg

th_IMG_7399.jpg

th_IMG_7389.jpg

th_IMG_7388.jpg

th_IMG_7387.jpg

:biggrin: Hello to all! :biggrin:

I got a video to share with everyone. This is a video of the progress done to my car. You'll hear some spanish television in the background, that's because my guy Alex is Mexican just like me. I also used my remote start to record "Christine" start up. She's truely loud. Thinking about getting a resonator on her.

th_MVI_7412.jpg

What you think of the work? See post before this.

See General W-Body Discussion > Powertrain "My '93 Z34 "Christines" Exhaust"

Here are pictures of the current progress made to Christine. My guy Alex took the weekend off so not much progress shown.

He says a week and a half more till she's complete. I'll give two weeks, I doubt a week and a half.

IMG_7619.jpg

IMG_7616.jpg

Oh wow. And they cut up a Maui Blue Z to do it too... I'd have bought the blue Z and swapped everything over.

Can't wait to see how it looks all painted and everything though. I hate bodywork, I have great admiration for people who can do it well.

Oh wow. And they cut up a Maui Blue Z to do it too... I'd have bought the blue Z and swapped everything over.

I removed all the parts from the donor junk yard Maui Blue Z34. I also was the one who cut the rear quarter out of the junk yard Maui Blue Z34. The car is coming along just fine. I got to go tonight and check on the progress. It's 8:10pm here so I have to leave now. I'll post pics here when I get back.

I used to work with this guy. He does great work for the price. I have alot of respect for him too. We've done alot of quarter panel replacements in the day. This is no big deal. There have been times where we've cut the trunk out too to swap including parts of the trunk.

Talk to you ya'll later.

Couldn't you have spot welded studs and pulled the dent as much as possible and then used some filler to smooth it out? Of course I didn't see the damage in person but that is what I would have tried to do first. It didn't look like the metal was too badly stretched in the pictures. I still think this is awsome, and I love the frequent pictures. I've only seen a quarter panel replacement once.

How did you clean up the rest of the original quarter panel from the car? The pictures show what looks like just a rough cut.

And getting the "new" quarter prepped, did you have to drill all the spot welds out?