how to switch to vacuum brakes?

turbogp17

did you see that black one for sale with the abs delete? he knows someone in new york that can do it. maybe call him up and get the guys phone #.

Im so glad I finally found a non leaker. only cost me $150. almost had to go that route, I remember I was at my wits end right there.

Thanks for finding that Nick, I've dug it up how many times now, I should make a full-fledged write-up and see if they'll sticky it.

anyway, turbogp17 if there is anything in my mini-write-up you need some clarifiction on, let me know.

did you see that black one for sale with the abs delete? he knows someone in new york that can do it. maybe call him up and get the guys phone #.

I would love to get ahold of this guy. The brakes in my tgp are crap and no mechanic around here will touch them. Why did GM go with a electric non vacumn system anyway? Just so they could say they did it?

I would love to get ahold of this guy. The brakes in my tgp are crap and no mechanic around here will touch them. Why did GM go with a electric non vacumn system anyway? Just so they could say they did it?

so that when someone pulls a quarter mile wot and there is no vacuum because the motor is in boost, then they want to slow down.

or you are running from the cops or something :wink: GM doesnt want you to wreck.

they are good units, just nobody, I mean nobody I buy a tgp from, EVER changes, or even checks the fluid level. then the pump runs hot and cracks the housing.

I think there was the early GTPs and Lotus turbo cars.

Jeff M talks about them on his website. Have you read all that new stuff he has on there yet?