Top Posters In This Topic

• synistershadows

• 19Cutlass94

• slick

• Euro

yeah so im thinking i might just try my luck with the caddy 5.0 or

even though i hate to admit it i might and try to squeeze a mustang 5.0 in

i cant i love this one too much

when i first got it it took me 2 sec to realize the this was the car for me it just fits me perfectly

A Mustang 5.0 will not fit in your car. period. By the time you have a V8 swap payed off, you could've been halfway to owning a 4th(/5th?) gen W that had one from the factory.

You love the Cutlass? It will never be a Mustang, why would you try and put a 5.0 in? Just find a 5 speed transmission for the LQ1 and you will be as quick as one......Or just buy a new car if you arent happy. It will never be a V8, it's a Cutlass. But if you manage I want some pics on my front step hahaha.

The Cadillac 5.0 is a piece of shit, don't bother fucking with it. If you JUST HAVE TO HAVE A V8 (OMG!), get an LS4. It'll be a million times cheaper and easier in the end.

you could always do what that one guy "scorerplaygtp" or something like that did, swap in a northstar in RWD fashion, mate it to a T56, with a G body rear end and a 4th gen F body front suspension setup. he has most of is chronicled on his car domain

but within any reasonable relm you are going to be limited to a v6, swapping in that 4.9 anchor just to get the v8 sound sounds just a little nutty IMO.

you could always do what that one guy "scorerplaygtp" or something like that did, swap in a northstar in RWD fashion, mate it to a T56, with a G body rear end and a 4th gen F body front suspension setup. he has most of is chronicled on his car domain

That took a hell of a lot of work to get to where it is now. I believe it's still not finished 100% and it's been like what...3 years?

That took a hell of a lot of work to get to where it is now. I believe it's still not finished 100% and it's been like what...3 years?

I am prety sure the car is moderatly driveable, however still unfinished, he has to have a countless number of hours into that.

I am prety sure the car is moderatly driveable, however still unfinished, he has to have a countless number of hours into that.

Oh yeah it's driveable. But IIRC he had it apart again recently.

Speaking of the LS4... has anyone managed to shoehorn one into an earlier-gen W yet? Would it even fit? I believe the newest styles are significantly wider than our old ones.

if that LS4 would fit id love to get that in there but honestly i believe i can get a V8 in there somehow. it prob wouldent help much but i am making a new hood for this im putting on a 2.5 cowl induction on this and cutting out the space beneith it to give just a bit more head room. but if theLS4 would fit then by all mean inform me of how

I think I am going to puke the next time I hear someone suggest that V8 has to be, ESPECIALLY... when they think a carbed ford 350 V8 would be the appropriate choice(that came from somewhere else).

ok. time to get to business. So you want to do something.

I am not yet certain if you want the noise of the V8 more than you want the power. May I suggest a loudspeaker under the hood?

Otherwise, I mod the hell out of the current engine, and get flowmasters or something with a great tone.

I think I am going to puke the next time I hear someone suggest that V8 has to be, ESPECIALLY... when they think a carbed ford 350 V8 would be the appropriate choice(that came from somewhere else).

Ford never made a 350.....

heres my vision

a w-body cutlass

with the following mods

- 2.5" cowl induction hood

- black blue darkpurple paint like the GTO in xXx

- 19" konig 5 spokes

- 1.5" lowered

- black window tint

- V8 swap

- ponitac B4U front end without the pontiac logo

- 2.5" straight through Magnaflow exhaust with dual 2.5" slant cut straight pipe tips

- black and blue leather and swade 2 tone interior

- blue LED interior courtesy lights

- blue UB3 guages

- wood with chrome 3 spoke steering wheel

- all around energy speakers

- pioneer head unit

The B4U front end won't work on the cutlass I don't think. Besides...even if you just do the front bumper it won't line up with the rest of the car and will look bad!

Ford never made a 350.....

I know! that's more proof that the guy who told me he wanted to replace a newly installed 3.4 crate motor in a Z34 with one like he had in his old truck didn't know shit!

:ugone2far:

If you want a V8 sound and "power" and you want your car to look like a Pontiac, just go buy a GTO. You'd piss away the same amount of money shoehorning a pathetic powerplant like the ASG/Cadillac 4.9/5.0 in there as you would picking up a couple year-old GTO.

I really don't know why you're so thickheaded about having a V8 for power. A lightly modded L67 is going to smoke any FWD V8 you can shove into that engine bay.