3.4 to 5.0???

synistershadows

alright so as it sits right now i have the 3.4 DOHC but i ahve seen a few cars with the 5.0 V8 somehow wedged in them.

anyways i was wondering if anyone on here would know how hard it would be to do this transplant? and how much would need to be changed other than the engine and tranny itself?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• synistershadows

• 19Cutlass94

• slick

• Euro

well you would be able to say that you have a 5L v8 and that you have the sound, but from my understandings the ASG 4.9/5.0 was no more powerful then the 3.4 you already have.

aluminum block, aluminum head, a history of headgasket failure and unreliability. need I say more? I tried 20 different j/y 4.n series caddy motors and all were bad at a yard. FUCK THEM!

well whats this LS4? i havent heard of it? and does it fit ?

5.3 found in the new Impalas, GXP's, etc....

Probably not. Besides the wiring issue, you will have to deal with drive by wire and several other issues. Oh, and the hefty price tag for the engine, transmission, and all of the work.

The price is probably 5x the value of your car. And good luck getting a bank loan for an engine and transmission that is worth more than the vehicle you are putting it into.

bank loan nope i try very hard to stay away from loans this wouldent be happening for a few years i just want to know if it would fit

it probably wouldn't. I don't think they're close to our subframes, and the wiring would be a mess. Stick with what you have now, or go L67/turbo L36

i want that V8 sound with the nice power is there anysoulution to my interest?

You have an LQ1 right? Buy 4 cams that are very radical and youll get a nice sound.

Im not exactly sure what you would need on a cam for an LQ1 ( somehow I dont think its the same as on a pushrod ) but 4 cams ( 2 intake and 2 exhaust ) with a shitload of lift and duration.... hence radical cam.