What is this switch for?

Crazy K

I found this switch up by my shifter, and I can't figure out what it's for. I thought maybe it was for a sunroof, but I don't have a sunroof, or second gear start for that matter. It's driving me nuts, can anyone help me here?

img2650xj8.jpg

What's funny is that I knew what switch you were referring to before seeing it was your post and before seeing the picture. :lol: What's wrong with it though? Why is it all blurry?

I got owned. it is the 94 only top switch... in a car with a DIS, a HUD... and black graphite. Who has a 94 vert, with these three features? NOT I. hmmmmm I think..........

doesnt it say right there???

i know that where that swtich is on my car controls weather my HUD shows Kmh or MpH

say.... Manic... has there been any determination of whether the 94 verts had an e/m switch, or even if Huds were on canadian models?

the 92 and 93 vert have a fodlight switch in the same location.

I have not seen a single 1994 convertible currently in Canada with HUD. All 1994 convertibles with HUD I have cataloged are in the U.S. See what Matt's owner's manuals say about an E/M!

"Pushing the ENG/MET rocker switch on the center console will switch the HUD speedometer from English (conventional) to metric units, or back again.

Some vehicles may not be equipped with the ENG/MET switch."

so it sounds like the convertible top switch negated the eng/met switch, so maybe 94's didnt have the switch? and/or also maybe canadian cars didnt have HUD that year?

my HUD I added, along with the UB3 and DIS. I'll grab it, hold on a sec

I knew that, but there must be a blurb on cars with factory HUD!

i was gonna ask if anyone has seen a 94 vert with hud, but i realized theres one at a yard here. I'll check it out when i get back from wisconsin (gone friday-friday).