Verts in Junkyards

jmblimo

I own a white on graphite 93 vert and dream of one day owning a dark teal on buckskin like yours.

Yeah, me too. Really like that color combo. Too bad they only did that color in 95.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ManicMechanic

• swift13

• Crazy K

• tdvs

i dunno some days i feel good about it and most of the time i just dont like the tan so that is why i have decided to swap it for the charcoal int.

i too have a dream but that is to make the car black on white with black :biggrin:

the top will soon be changed to black too and then after that the paint is going to white

Shamu has grown on me a lot...I was wanting to put on a white top and remove the striping...But I like the black top and striping now.

The burned car ended up at:

QUALITY AUTO SALVAGE

Address: WRIGHT CITY , MO 63390

VIN: 1G3WT32MXSD328072

Date Sold: 8/26/08

Phone: (314) 745-3302

Found 2 more today at "Pick-N-Pull" in Summit, IL. Both rough and well picked over. Both 3.1s.

One bright blue, white top, graphite interior. Bld. date 12/92. Vin. 1G3WT34T9PD323781.

The other was bright aqua, black top, graphite interior. No door sticked, but '93 written on rear fender. Vin. 1G3WT34T3ND329282.

I love the "hunt".

Tom

hey i hope this thread is still going

i was in the yard today and picked up some rear buckets (charcoal) pretty good cond. no tears or anything just a few scuffs. I didnt pick the center console or the back plastic but i think i shall return.

if any of you have followed what i said before. I have my own plans for the back seat so if anybody needs these we can talk.

Found 2 more verts today at "Pick-N-Pull" in Hammond, IN. Both rough an completely picked over.

One - 3.1, Triple black with cloth interior, Bld. date 03/93 Vin 1G3WT34T0PD350979

One - 3.1 White, burgandy top and interior, Bld. date11/93 Vin 1G3WT34T9PD323781

There sure seems to be a lot of 3.1 convertibles in junkyards compared to LQ1 cars. I wonder why that is, just this thread and the small percentage listed (coincedence) or something else. I figured it'd be the other way, since the large majority of them were 3.4's :confused?:

I already had the second one. I must of gotten it from a salvage auction. :D

You are one great VIN hunter!

Just happens I am looking for a couple of tan interior parts for my '95 vert, so verts are all I look for. Of course, if I find good vert exclusive parts I think I might need in the future, I grab them too. :lol:

Going to Green Bay, WI next week, for a week, and will see what I can find up there. Won't have access to a computer for 2 weeks tho, so any results will have till I get home.

Tom

thanks for the email tom

what parts exactly do you need for the tan interior

i will be hitting up the yards near me this weekend and i know ive seen a couple tan sedans and coupes out there

thanks for the email tom

i will be hitting up the yards near me this weekend and i know ive seen a couple tan sedans and coupes out there

Left "A" pillar trim, right rear panel, and headrests. As you know those are vert exclusive. Headrests from a coupe would work tho. :high5:

Tom

thanks for the email tom

Left "A" pillar trim, right rear panel, and headrests. As you know those are vert exclusive. Headrests from a coupe would work tho. :high5:

Tom

well if your patient i can get you my rear quarter

i will check for the head rest this weekend and let you know

and like i said my a-pillars are peeling but if you want those you would also have to wait.

i was in the yards today, didnt find much for the Ws but if anybody is interested in J-bods they had a few good ones especially a nice sunfire vert with a clean white leather int. and a couple z24s in great shape.(i used to have one so i still have an eye out)

TDVS you out there??? i found some headrests for you got some pics with the cam-phone.