Verts in Junkyards

jmblimo

he could do that in tennessee too

heres a link to a post with pics of what I need.

http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php?topic=68087.0

Mine is white however.....a nice white set would be great.

One of my three pieces (driver) is cracked through into two pieces. All three need painting. I had planned on tryin to fix.fill.sand and repaint all three pieces unless I could find a nice white set that didnt need paint.

Where are you blackbird?

thanks for your offer but compensating you for your time and travel, the parts and shipping gets tricky for me.

if gas wasnt four bucks I would ride out and see you.

I live in Brunswick Ohio... I think I can do that panel for like $25.... But they are red and need repainted obviously....

BTW Manic, when you are up this way, we need to have a little meet... There are a couple of us guys around in the area as well

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ManicMechanic

• swift13

• Crazy K

• tdvs

thanks...since they need painting...I think i will try what I have and see if I can make an invisible repair from underneath using a small metal or plastic reinforcement if I have enough clearance then fill, sand, prime and paint....gorilla glue rocks.

If it looks like crap or clearance is an issue...I will have to regroup and find a replacement.

hope to meet you someday.

No prob..

Where the hell do YOU live :lol: Its not in your profile...

But just remember, the offer will always be on the table for $25... Im always at the yard almost every week anyway..

A little place called Bell Buckle, Tennessee. pop.409

About 55 miles southeast of Nashville.

I am tryin to get my profile completed with description and pics

I am building a page http://justrightdomains.com/ragtop/beginning.htm to document the restoration efforts on this recent rescue project.

Owned it three months...its been sitting at a tranny shop since I got it.(3 months)..70 miles away...never driven it. The trans repair has been a nightmare that I will do a write up very soon.

There are some really strange issues with this (Mine anyway) 93 CS vert tranny and parts for it. I have learned alot but it aint soup yet.

I think its going to surprise and inform many.

• 3 months later...

The top didn't fly off, someone probably tried to drop the top on the highway. :rolleyes:

I feel bad for the burned one, although the fact that it's a 3100 car makes it better...but it's still a convertible. Look at the smokey windshield and instrument panel! :willynilly:

The top didn't fly off, someone probably tried to drop the top on the highway.  :rolleyes:

I feel bad for the burned one, although the fact that it's a 3100 car makes it better...but it's still a convertible. Look at the smokey windshield and instrument panel!  :willynilly:

http://www.qcsa.com/index.php?fuseaction=car.view&carid=2472494

i got 2 yards near me that get cs and csc rather often. about 2 verts a month and endless coupes and sedans only problem is i never get to the verts in time i have been lucky a few times and gotten key stuff but usually im looking for 95 specific and dont need older model parts but i have seen some beauts often when or if i pick something up and if i dont need it i sell it on (ebay.(look for indio138 a have a-pillar trim pieces right now)

IF ANYONE CAN FIND THE REAR QUARTER PANELS FOR THE 95 (CHARCOAL) I WILL BE GLAD TO PAY SWAP OR TRADE ANYTHING. also looking for drivers seat in good cond.[/b]

The top didn't fly off, someone probably tried to drop the top on the highway.  :rolleyes:

I feel bad for the burned one, although the fact that it's a 3100 car makes it better...but it's still a convertible. Look at the smokey windshield and instrument panel!  :willynilly:

Thought at first it was a l67 car! :lol:

Found 1 today also. '93, 3.4, Red, Black top, and Black "CLOTH" interior with rear buckets. No body damage. Interior looked nice. Must be mechanical problems. "Pick-N-Pull" said it would'nt be available to rape for 2 to 3 weeks tho. :willynilly: No idea why it takes so long.

Wish those 2 '95s with tan interior would end up in a yard near me!! I need the left "A" pillar trim piece and right rear panel. And I'm sure I could find a hole lot more to take!!! A couple of wheelbarrows full. :lol:

Found 1 today also. '93, 3.4, Red, Black top, and Black "CLOTH" interior with rear buckets. No body damage. Interior looked nice. Must be mechanical problems. "Pick-N-Pull" said it would'nt be available to rape for 2 to 3 weeks tho. :willynilly: No idea why it takes so long.

Wish those 2 '95s with tan interior would end up in a yard near me!! I need the left "A" pillar trim piece and right rear panel. And I'm sure I could find a hole lot more to take!!! A couple of wheelbarrows full. :lol:

Where are you located.

as i get parts for my charcoal int conversion i will be gettin rid of my tan int pieces

i already have some stuff but not what you have listed

0122.jpg

Also know where there's a '96 coupe with black interior. What could you use from that? Everything below the windows should be the same. The console was good and complete, altho the arm rest may have been broke off-easy fix. Saw a cover? on your drivers seat, the drivers seat in the coupe was excellent!!

Rear panels are completely different. Carpet, seats, console, dash are same...Driver's door panel may be SLIGHTLY different due to window controls being bigger.

Yes, your right on the rear panels - way different. From the pictures, it looked like he already had black door panels, but some parts, like the window control panel could be painted graphite with "SEM" interior paint if necessary.

as i get parts for my charcoal int conversion i will be gettin rid of my tan int pieces

i already have some stuff but not what you have listed

How's your steering wheel? I'd Love(!) to find a nice tan air-bag steering wheel if you ever decide to sell yours! I've actually got a pretty nice graphite one if you wanted to trade...???

Also know where there's a '96 coupe with black interior. What could you use from that? Everything below the windows should be the same. The console was good and complete, altho the arm rest may have been broke off-easy fix. Saw a cover? on your drivers seat, the drivers seat in the coupe was excellent!!

i need the drivers seat out of any as long as it is pleather and has seat controls in good cond.

im located in blue island IL (south of chicago)

i have rear seat, door panels, center counsel , visors, head liner and upper windshield trim available

everything else i still have to replace

Rear panels are completely different. Carpet, seats, console, dash are same...Driver's door panel may be SLIGHTLY different due to window controls being bigger.

rear seats are not the same as i found out the hard way

the coupe and sedans had about an extra 2 inches in length across, but if you work with it they will fit.

(I put in the split fold down rear bench back)

150.jpg

006.jpg

The '96 with the good drivers seat (last time I was there) I mentioned in my early post is at the Pick-N-Pull in Wadsworth, IL. Just north of Gurnee, IL (Gurnee Mills Shopping Center and Great America). US Hwy 41 & Rt 173 - near the Wisconsin line. No way to tell tho, if the power seat works. Also, every Wednesday is 1/2 off every part!!! They are open till 6:00 pm.