Cutlass Prix

synistershadows

ok so heres the idea i relly like the front end on some of these grand prix's. how hard would it be to put the front end of the grand prix (pic) onto a cutlass 2 door??

Pic courtesy of AWeb80

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

NOTHING would line up.. why would you want to do this?

cuz he likes it and wants to be different :rolleyes:

It would take some custom fabrication on the doors of your cutlass, but i don't see why the front clip won't bolt up, a few new holes here and there, but having to screw with the door skin would be enough to turn me off. If you have ever taken a door skin off of a car you know there is only about 1/2 inch of overlap where you can actually mess with the contour before you actually grind off the pinch weld and then you're screwed. If you're serious and not talking out of your ass then i'd go make some templates from cardstock or cardboard and see if it is possible. You also might want to search, others ahve talked about it, but i am unsure of how far their dreams went. Later Jay

I like the idea, not beacuse I think it would look good (that I'm on the fence about) but because its different and I like this guys way of thinking. I often get the idea of buying some beater GP and cutting the roof off it and adding vert parts. Be a hell of a lot of work though.

Keep in mind you will need the rest of the B4U to make it match up, otherwise that front clip is gonna look WAY out of place...

I think you could make it work, you will have to do some metal work to either the GP front fenders or the cutty doors to make the gap line up. Maybe even both, I should think taking metal off the fender would be easier than the door.

And like Jay said, the doors could have a different curature to them than the fenders, again it may be easier to match up the fenders to the door rather than mess with the door skin.

Jamie

i dont want a grand prix i hate the styling of the interiors and i hate the look of the back end

but if i found doors as well and put them on with the B4U but i was looking at it and i was thinking i i just trailed off the fender flare when i get closer to the door it might just fit in there nicly

I'd be easier to swap a Cutty interior intoa GP then swap front clips IMo..dunno what you'd do about the hating the rear ends of the GP tho

It may be possible to get it to look good. BUT,IMO, Considering that your car is an international, I wouldn't do that. Those cars are few and far between.

just cut and weld some gp and cutty fenders together, then add the front bumper. that way, the trim for the rest of the car would still line up :lol:

oh, and rather than cut the roof off a gp, why not just put a gp skin on a cutty vert?

no offense....... but desecrate a CS international..... and me and my following would have to kill you.

if you must.... give me all the old parts! I could trade some things I have :P

Maybe I'll buy a loaded B4U GP that's local and cheap, a 3.1 turbo and trans on ebay for $300 in Waco and turn my Cutlass into a turbo GP convertible.

Maybe I'll buy a loaded B4U GP that's local and cheap, a 3.1 turbo and trans on ebay for $300 in Waco and turn my Cutlass into a turbo GP convertible.

no!

no offense....... but desecrate a CS international..... and me and my following would have to kill you.

if you must.... give me all the old parts! I could trade some things I have :P

its not like id be desecrating the whole car just the 2 bumpers and the side mouldings.

id be keeping the rest of the car together all the international parts would still be there just the body would change plus i cant really tell a diff between the international body and the say SL body of the same year other that the lip spoiler combo which i would be keeping on

no!

:D

Anyone remember the pic of the lumi with the GP front end? Looked like shit and nothing lined up.

It'll look like that

doubt it the GP and cutlass were ALOT! closer in stlying and looks than the GP and the Lumi ever were

Honestly go to your local old folks home and measure the height of the cladding, body lines, emblems etc and see if they match your cutty. we'll work from there.

Honestly, it wouldn't be too hard... Just bolt one everything including the door all the way forward... Even the hinge line for the back side of the doors are the same on thee coupes...

But nothing would seem to flow right.... Seriously man, don't do a Frankencar :cry: