-93 ----> 94+ parking brake assembly

pwmin

i know it says on the main page that you cannot use the 94+ parking brake on the older w-bodies, but i thought i read about someone that made it work? the pump-to-set one in my car is not working very well anymore and i would like to change it along with the cables and calipers/brackets to the newer style. please help. the damn thing doesnt even catch all the time when i push it down to apply the "e-brake" - guess its not an emergency brake at all on the old style, just a parking brake.

If you just disassemble the ratchet mechanism and clean old the old grease out of it, then re-lube it, it will work much better.

you can use the old pedal and front cable. You just need to use 94+ cables from there back. Look in the FAQ Section.

I would just get another 88-93 pedal assembly from an automatic car since almost no one ever uses them on autos! I know the ones on our stick shift cars were kinda finniky

• 3 weeks later...