OBD2 conversion

RobertISaar

he said he wants OBD2 because its tunable

I was refering to your post and the fact that you have to do an idle relearn. We had an 02 Escalade in our install bay about a month ago, and it still needed an idle relearn. Simply switching to OBDII isn't going to fix that.

i want it cause then maybe the idle relearn will worki wont have to deal with 2months of reving after startup

OBD 1... OBD 2... just consider yourselves lucky if you don't have OBD 1.5.

I want to make the move up to OBD 2 but I have no idea where to start and its probably not in my financail interests right now.

Jamie

OBD 1... OBD 2... just consider yourselves lucky if you don't have OBD 1.5.

I want to make the move up to OBD 2 but I have no idea where to start and its probably not in my financail interests right now.

Jamie

thats my problem too but i'll have some extra cash laying around by the end of september.

he said he wants OBD2 because its tunable

I was refering to your post and the fact that you have to do an idle relearn. We had an 02 Escalade in our install bay about a month ago, and it still needed an idle relearn. Simply switching to OBDII isn't going to fix that.

i want it cause then maybe the idle relearn will worki wont have to deal with 2months of reving after startup

Has it occured to you that there might be something wrong with your car? Idle air control or TPS?

Yeah, I would love to convert to OBD 2 because them I could drop a 4T65E-HD into my TGP :twisted:

I think if you got all the parts and swapped the engine wiring harness and got everything tuned that it would be an awesome setup. I would personally move up to OBD 2 rather than down to OBD 1. Does OBD 1 even support an -E Tranny? I don't think it will...

Does OBD 1 even support an -E Tranny? I don't think it will...

yes. a 93 W with a 3.1 is OBD 1 and has the electonic tranny... so do the 91-93 3.4 cars

Does OBD 1 even support an -E Tranny? I don't think it will...

yes. a 93 W with a 3.1 is OBD 1 and has the electonic tranny... so do the 91-93 3.4 cars

even if it didn't it wouldn't bother me: i'm getting a 282

• 10 years later...

Okay bringing this back from the dead because I wanna do this. I'm not afraid of some work and making things work. What I need is a complete list of what I will need and what I will have to do.

Also when I put my 95 4.0 block and head into a 99 I think I made a obd1 or 1.5 work for a obd2 system by changing sensors and things.