White Convertible Owners - Please tell me how to get the top white ?

sunny_8

I have a triple white 95 Cutty.

The white top should be going this summer, gonna try and replace it..but I would like to try and get it & the rear window part white as can be.

What do people use on the top without destroying it ?

Thanks,

mr clean magic eraser :cool: i used 2 or 3 either last summer or the summer before, and it works great, takes a while though, since the tops get very very dirty. I have two boxes of 4 in the garage right now, and in a few weeks I'll be tackling it, probably using a whole box!

I sold my brother a white/white 92 and he tried alot of different things on the roof. He said that an orange hand cleaner that has a bit of grit in it worked best. He used lots of water and worked it in with either his hand or a sponge - supported the roof from underneath where he could. Rinsed it off with water, and it looked real good.

mr clean magic eraser :cool: i used 2 or 3 either last summer or the summer before, and it works great, takes a while though, since the tops get very very dirty. I have two boxes of 4 in the garage right now, and in a few weeks I'll be tackling it, probably using a whole box!

Yep! The magic eraser things will clean anything off of anything. Just remember that they will scratch shiny surfaces, so you don't want to use it on the paint at all.

Toothpaste and a plastic bristle brush work good, too. Make sure it is regular, white toothpaste.

• 2 weeks later...

:werd:

I have a similiar question.....

HOW DO YOU REMOVE HOUSE PAINT FROM YOUR WHITE TOP? -not a joke-

Just use the paint and paint the rest of the top, no one will ever know the diff...

I have a similiar question.....

HOW DO YOU REMOVE HOUSE PAINT FROM YOUR WHITE TOP? -not a joke-

Is it oil-based or latex-based paint? Well actually, it doesn't matter, the solution is still the same, time for a new top. :biggrin:

the top SHOULD be replaced. someone has given it TWO coats with what appears to be house paint. I have been flaking it off bit by bit, but there is a hole in the top, which i caulked for now. LOL

I used almost two whole magic erasers today, and even though it doesnt get out all the little blackish dots all over the top, it got some, but it definitely made the top white again, not cream! Maybe next time Ill pick up some blech-white and use both,

soapy water + Magic Eraser = White top again

• 7 months later...

I've used Westley's Blech-White...

I've heard a few good things about that, too, just never tried it

That shit rocks man. I freakin LOVE it. Best stuff I have ever used, period.

Just don't get it on your hands for too long. It starts to hurt.