How to re install an assembly with out a sping compressor? *DONE* Thanks Matt!

Q-Ball

The spring compressor I rented is absoluty useless. So I have returned all my tools since I have installed all the new parts, I just need to re install the whole assembly. I'll be taking a few pics right now.

until you get pics up, let me just say it's hilarious that on the main page the thread title only reads "how to re install an ass..." hopefully i can help a little cause i lowered my car without compressors

Well all my batteries are dead. But on my other post I can show you similar pics. The only difference is I have my front sway bar installed. And the spring is around the shock with the new bearing plate on. Its all together except the top nut of the strut. I tried using the compressor when I had it to compress it and get that nut on, but didnt work. So I was told to use the weight of the car. But how do you do? (heres the link to my other post if you need to see more pics http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php/topic,55857.0.html )

HPIM1745.jpg

Heres a pic i updated with.

Drawing.jpg

HPIM1746.jpg

I was thinking getting everything on top bolted in. like the mounts and strut. and using a jack to jack up the assembly to compress the spring... But than how the hell do I get the ball joint into the lower control arm?

Please help guys!

you need a spring compressor to get the spring on

Oh lord did I try when I had a spring compressor. Just couldnt get it, as I explain on msn.

Matt is god. He told me what to do. Just take the assembly to a shop and get them to do it!