• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robby1870

• mdelorie

• SmokesGTP

• Bolt_Crank

While we're on the whole gas / mileage topic. What's gas (plain ol' 87) worth around your neck of the woods?

Right now it just went up here to 79.9 (piss me off) from 76.9... had been 61.9 for most of last year... (that's a litre, for all you down south boyz) :wink:

were sittin at 69......uhhhhh HUh huhhu uhhuh ...Sixty Nine.

It is .65/ litre here in Ottawa. I usually get between 600 and 650 kms per tank. I do mostly highway driving. Damn gas prices! Best time to get gas here is Wednesday around noon, then it goes up for the weekend.

omg all this freakin metric is enough to make my head fly off. and robby, u probably got less than that if ur were racing all night. if im on the highway or anywhere where my foot is on the floor for more and like, um 10 secs i can literally see the diff in my needle's position afterwards. it hurts the wallet :evil:

It is .65/ litre here in Ottawa. I usually get between 600 and 650 kms per tank. I do mostly highway driving. Damn gas prices! Best time to get gas here is Wednesday around noon, then it goes up for the weekend.

Hey ANOTHER guy from Ottawa! NICE!! I think that makes three guys on here from Ottawa! Where you from in Ottawa? Metric stuff is easy, makes more sense to me than the stupid gallon and miles! geez,

Guest TurboSedan
Just filled up this morning, $1.38 per gallon. Location: Douglassville, PA (about 35 miles west of Philly).

they sell 85 octane (which is what i get) for $1.28/gallon here in Laramie. i think they can sell lower octane here because of the elevation (7200ft). after my turbo 3.1 goes in i'll start using 91.

joshua

omg all this freakin metric is enough to make my head fly off. and robby, u probably got less than that if ur were racing all night. if im on the highway or anywhere where my foot is on the floor for more and like, um 10 secs i can literally see the diff in my needle's position afterwards. it hurts the wallet :evil:

Well, it was the whole night, so there was some cruising, and that was when the car was basically stock.

Robby

Speaking of Which where or what do you buy top engine cleaner, i keeping looking, but no one seems to sell the stuff you dump down you intake, does it fall under another brand name than tec? Thanks,

Speaking of Which where or what do you buy top engine cleaner, i keeping looking, but no one seems to sell the stuff you dump down you intake, does it fall under another brand name than tec? Thanks,

I get 30mpg all hiway, city/Hiway 25 if i'm somewhat under control :lol:

you mean the stuff you put in your gas? or do you put it in the intake, i know STP makes a fuel additive thats supposed to clean out your whole fuel system and take care of any water and build up in your system, its called "STP whole feul system treatment" or something like that, comes in a red bottle, usually like 1.69 at a gas station or something, thats what i put in my car

I get 30mpg all hiway, city/Hiway 25 if i'm somewhat under control :lol:

Top-end cleaner is made by GM, go to your local dealer, it comes in a few different forms, best to get the liquid if you're going to shoot it through the vacuum lines.

Bust out yer phuckin' calculators, I'm about to go mathmatical on yer asses.

I just finished a 700km (437.5 Mile) trip to Kelowna and saved my info especially for this topic. The road is moutainous grades, curvy, and foot-to-the-floor passing every so often. If it's straight-and-flat, it doesn't last very long.

At 75.9 cents per litre (2.87 /US Gallon Canadian - 0.74 Exchange making it 2.12 /US Gallon American for 87 octane (so you folks down south better stop your bitching about gas prices) for a distance of 322 kms (201.25 Miles) [in three hours time in the mountains, not too shabby] my grand total came to 27.168 Miles to that friggin American Gallon. 3.4 DOHC loaded to the nuts with a full cooler, camping gear in a custom box (had to remove the subs), and bags in the back seat.

In the city, I calculated 45 kilometers driven. I filled up $6.00 Cdn before we left to give me a lousy 13.45 Miles to that friggin American Gallon. Every stop light I was dropping the hammer - and there were goof-offs in Beemers, Jaguars, and rice-mobiles just itchin' to make like the Fast and the Furious to the next red light in rush hour, old-fart city with summer-beach-teens-all-over-traffic, so that number makes perfect sense.

Gotta fill up when I go to work tomorrow...will update the trip back.

Was trying for a steady 110 - 120 kms (70 - 75 mph) the whole way in those hills, so the number should be pretty much the same.

I love road trips.

I get about 23 in town and around 32 on the highway. My mods are polished intakes, a chip and computer, my new ram air setup, 2.5 inch exhaust. In stock form it supposedly pushes 215 HP for the 3.4L. Anyones guess is as good as mine as to what I have now. :)

I get about 300km to the tank in the city... I have yet to have a normal highway trip.... 'cuz, the last time I was on the highway, it was a coupled days after first getting the car.... kinda fun to hit the governer.... :twisted:

In the GTP we get 17 city, 31 highway. In the SSEi we get 17 city, 24 highway. In the TGP we get 15 city, 23 highway. It is weird because the GTP has a lot more power than the SSEi with the same engine, yet the SSEi gets worse gas mileage, the TGP makes sense because it has shorter gearing. Who would've thought that with 420hp an L67 would still get 31mpg on the highway. Anyways, I'm not gonna complain about gas prices. 94 Octane is $1.70 per gallon, and that is plenty cheap in my opinion.

I have a 89 Cutty with a 2.8 auto

My transmission has been re-worked to a FDR of .297 (was.333)

I have a K&N, Borla, and 180 degree stat. I get (freeway driving) 30 mpg @ 63 mph and with the tach at 2k.

City, I only get 19 mpg.

hmmm weird i never get lower then 25mpg in my 2.8l 89 cutlass automatic. I got near 38 driving in my mountains in virginia. I keep everything tunned and never let things slide.

hmmm weird i never get lower then 25mpg in my 2.8l 89 cutlass automatic. I got near 38 driving in my mountains in virginia. I keep everything tunned and never let things slide.

3.4DOHC auto 95 Lumina LS

used to get 22-24hwy 10-18city

dumped a bottle of zmax in it ran the dog shit out of it till steam rolled from the overcooked headgaskets. and my gasmileage went to 30mph highway average speed 75mph i wont run the tank that low but im sure i can get almost 500miles a tank now. Recently i averaged 27mph after 340 miles 50 miles of city and a few trips well over 100mph;). the car is not stock. eRam intake with K&N+Full Exaust Magnaflow cat and flowmaster mufflers Well maintained including new plugs, wires, fuel filter, timing belt, turpintine belt, idler pullies, altinator, and trans cooling lines. and now has 149xxx miles