How to lower a W-Body ( Gen 1, Gen 1.5 )

19Cutlass94

The mountain of parts is slowly growing. Thread more than warrants a 6-pack.:thumbsup:

Hows your setup held out over time?

Edited by rich_e777

Apearantly I did not account for the change for the forum. I mistakenly thought we still had a home page. Lemme change the first post to reflect this with less confusion.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The link for 1.5 gen Lumina, is that a legitimate seller with a legitimate price? $40 sounds like the guy is sending out knock-offs (shipping is almost $60) or something since elsewhere they are $200+

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ST-Suspensions-1-2-Lowering-Springs-for-95-01-Chevy-Lumina-Monte-Carlo-/281055438503?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item417035a6a7

Can anyone comment on that?

EDIT: I emailed the seller and they replied that they are Suspension Techniques and the product is being discontinued hence the low price. I took the plunge, now for some research on shocks I suppose.

Edited by bracohen

The link for 1.5 gen Lumina, is that a legitimate seller with a legitimate price? $40 sounds like the guy is sending out knock-offs (shipping is almost $60) or something since elsewhere they are $200+

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ST-Suspensions-1-2-Lowering-Springs-for-95-01-Chevy-Lumina-Monte-Carlo-/281055438503?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item417035a6a7

Can anyone comment on that?

EDIT: I emailed the seller and they replied that they are Suspension Techniques and the product is being discontinued hence the low price. I took the plunge, now for some research on shocks I suppose.

FWIW, my old ST springs had a sticker on the coil that said "suspension techniques." They were garbage anyway. Ditching them for FE3 springs with one coil cut off was the best thing I ever did to that car.

FWIW, my old ST springs had a sticker on the coil that said "suspension techniques." They were garbage anyway. Ditching them for FE3 springs with one coil cut off was the best thing I ever did to that car.

just out of curiosity.. Why dont you like the ST springs?

my guess is the eibachs are thicker wire and stiffer. but both are too low unless you want a scraper.

cutting a coil off would be the best ride height like Adam's red car.

• 2 months later...
Havnt figured out how to upload on here but i hav some pics on my facebook with the old 17s i hav 18s now :) look up rion mitchell thompson i should b the only result

205589_493898960643314_649806642_n.jpg

• 3 months later...

Will the kyb agxs work on 1.5 Gens. Thinking about doing coil overs or air ride on my lumina ltz but just curious if the lower control arms accept the lower ball joint from Gen 2 spindles. Always curious hoe most lower the lumina or MC.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Edited by 1flyltz

Will the kyb agxs work on 1.5 Gens. Thinking about doing coil overs or air ride on my lumina ltz but just curious if the lower control arms accept the lower ball joint from Gen 2 spindles. Always curious hoe most lower the lumina or MC.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

No and no.

Lumina and Monte Carlo are both 1.5Gen cars. Look on the first page of how to lower them. Also do research on what you want and how you want to lower it. Theres probably a million threads here on this topic.

• 8 months later...

bringing back a sleeping thread but if what i have read is correct then i can use the front coils for a 01 monte on my 90 lumina? but would have to buy a kit with front and backs to just use the front?

bringing back a sleeping thread but if what i have read is correct then i can use the front coils for a 01 monte on my 90 lumina? but would have to buy a kit with front and backs to just use the front?

I believe that's correct, it's what I was gonna do with my cutlass iirc

• 5 months later...
Lumina and Monte Carlo are both 1.5Gen cars. Look on the first page of how to lower them. Also do research on what you want and how you want to lower it. Theres probably a million threads here on this topic.

I've read that thread multiple times and spent hours searching and could not find a specific answer I was looking for. I know they are half gen which is why I was confused, I did find the arraut motorsports coilovers that will fit a 1.5 gen http://www.arrautmotorsports.com/parts/w-body.

I've read that thread multiple times and spent hours searching and could not find a specific answer I was looking for. I know they are half gen which is why I was confused, I did find the arraut motorsports coilovers that will fit a 1.5 gen http://www.arrautmotorsports.com/parts/w-body. I did take a lot from your write up for lowering springs before i decided coilovers.