ATTN: JOSH, AKA: Malibuolds (or somethingl like that)

92turboLE

would you be willing to help me install my engine whn i get it all done??? I know you have done this b4 so if you could help i would make it worth your while...

ALSO, to anyone else that reads this... im looking for either a Getrag 282 or 284 (prefer the 282) to do the swap in my prix.... anyone know of where there might be one, PLEASE let me know...

- Justin

Guest TurboSedan

i can help you out, sure. i have alot of work to do to my two cars this summer, but i'd be glad to help out when i have time. i've only had my engine/trans out twice but it's really pretty straightforward and much easier now. i was just checking out a 144,xxx mile Getrag 282 in an '88 Grand Prix today at a salvage yard in Buffalo, WY (Mr.R's). they told me a couple months ago $320 for everything including console, clutch hydraulics, pedals, ECM/chip, engine wiring harness (you'd have to convert from MAF to MAP since it's an '88 donor car) both axles, shifter, both cables blah blah blah. i could easily fit all of that in my trunk and transport it to Laramie or Denver. of couse, i would have to pull it all out myself + gas money. they specifically told me the trans was fine.

joshua

hmmmmm :? i think i might have to take you up on that.... how is $320 for the tranny, 50 for yout labor, 50 for gas and a case of the finest brews to share while unloading the sonofabitch from your car sound????

- Justin

*EDIT* would you be able to cover it and i would hit ya back when you get it here??? i wouldnt be able to do it til the next couple of weeks or so though... :?

hey josh, do you have a cherry picker that i could rent from you as well???

i got an engine stand for 30 bones today, and am debating if i wanna get a cherry picker, i can get one for 180... dont know if thats a good price or not... havent researched it yet...

lemme know

- Justin

Guest TurboSedan

yeah, my bro has a cherry picker and i can fit it all in my trunk with the back seats folded down & cherry picker partially taken apart. i'm sure it would be quite a load with the trans and everything but my car could do it. i couldn't front you the money to get the trans tho, i'm WAY behind on bills as it is. let's work out a deal and i'll/we'll go get that 282!

joshua

you take visa??? lolz, im just trying to think of a way to do it so that we dont have to make 2 trips... moreso 1 trip with 2 cars.... ummm, we'll figure something out...

you should see if that guy can hold it for me... i could send ya some cash or something as a deposite if need be...

lemme know

- Justin

P.S. Josh, chyeck out the new intake plenum that i did in the "opinion...." thread that i posted

Guest TurboSedan
you should see if that guy can hold it for me... i could send ya some cash or something as a deposite if need be...

it's been there awhile and i doubt it's going anywhere soon. it's out in the middle of nowhere (Buffalo, WY). nice job on the polishing! looks a helluva lot better than my plenum or turbo right now!

joshua

the polishing was a pain in the ass, but 100% worth it in the end... what about seats???

is that included... i dont remember and im too lazt to re-read it...

hehehe

- Justin

P.S. and this is kinda a bullshit post so i can see how my signature looks.

would you be willing to help me install my engine whn i get it all done??? I know you have done this b4 so if you could help i would make it worth your while...

If you guys do this in the summer, mind if I join up and watch?

I know this seems dumb, but I haven't pull a motor and would want to watch and visually learn.

- RedFox340

Guest TurboSedan

i think that would be cool! the people that work at the salvage yard there are really cool too. just let me know when you guys want to do all this stuff. iTurbo has his own cherry picker we can bring, and we could probably have the whole engine/trans out of the car pretty quick. i also have all the tools we will need. the salvage yard has electric carts too so we can bring the tranny & cherry picker up to my car with that. i've 'been there/done that' as far as pulling the 2.8/3.1 engine and transmissions & the 5-speed swap so i'm sure all of us together could learn alot and do it quickly. it sounds like fun to me :)

joshua

Guest TurboSedan
[if you guys do this in the summer, mind if I join up and watch?

I know this seems dumb, but I haven't pull a motor and would want to watch and visually learn.

- RedFox340

btw, are you getting another W-body soon?

joshua