Snap Tint (Update)

webbs

i'd go for it, if and only if you had the patience to do it right, and make sure there are no bubbles

Seriously. i would have no patience for this. it only costs $150 - $200 to have a shop tint your car for you. but hey, if you wanna save money this is a better alternative than the stuff at the autoparts stores. precut FTW!

"This picture is not approved yet and you do not have permission to view it."

I wouldn't waste the money, and I'd just take it in to get done, but that's also knowing that I would mess it up :lol:

i got my windows tinted 15% which includes front windows,rear and back only for $115-120 just depends on where you go..Still gotta get my drivers side window tinted damn thing came off track and i need a roller o well

It's tough to say. But if your area is anything like mine...you'd be paying well over $300 to get the entire car done. I want to tint badly, but I don't want to spend the $300 on it...my area sucks though.

Well I have tinted cars before and one of my friends does it for a living so i might have him help. but my real question now is 20% or 35%? I dont know if i want one shade all the way around or darker in the back or what? I also know that darker doesn't always mean better, it all depends on the color of your car. I have the like seafoam green kinda color. I don't know if the pic before worked but here are some form my photobucket. http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/webbs196/spring%2006/

Get it done at a shop..

x2. Id rather let a pro do it and have a lift time warranty on it than try to do it myself.

5% <---go big or go home

some cars look like absolute shit with 5% tint :lol:

I tried the pre-cut tint once.

It wasn't that difficult, but I had a really hard time keeping dust out of it, probably because I was doing it in the garage on a windy day with the door open. I should have done it with the door shut, but I needed the light. I finally got most of the dust out and it was looking perfect except for this tiny ridge that wouldn't stay down. It was a defect because it had that ridge even on the backing. However, I wrongly assumed it would be sticky enough to stay down. I got the bright idea, "maybe if I blow heat on it with a heat gun, it'll shrink and stay down." Bad idea, I ended up melting the tint and ruining it. Hindsight being 20/20, I probably should have just used a syringe and squirted clear epoxy to keep that ridge down... would have ended up perfect, but noooo, I had to go and mess it up. :cry:

some cars look like absolute shit with 5% tint :lol:

I disagree. I can't think of solid black windows looking any worse than windows where stuff in the interior is visible.

It does look a lot better on cars with black pillars rather than body color pillars though.

Ive never liked it. Ive drove cars with tint, and I just like mine without tint. Not to mention I dont wanna be that guy you need tint you need tint you need tint. Theres more to appearance than tint.

Ive never liked it. Ive drove cars with tint, and I just like mine without tint. Not to mention I dont wanna be that guy you need tint you need tint you need tint. Theres more to appearance than tint.

:lol: I am that guy. Without tint, I hardly see the purpose to do anything else. Tint has a bigger positive impact on appearance than even fancy wheels, IMO.

I think it makes such a huge difference, if I were in a state that banned tint, I'd move.