1.6v WTF?!

19Cutlass94

Today I wanted to move that red car so that I could actually have room to take some parts off it. Well I went to turn the key, and BAM!!! Nothing! Ive got no power no radio absolutly nothing! So I thought about it for a minute, them broke out the DMM and measured the battery voltage. Yupp, ive got 1.6volts! :lol:

Do you I might be able to charge this up somehow? I really DO NOT want to buy another battery because I just will not use/have this car long enough to buy another battery.

Out of the garage then back in. I cant even put it in neutral to push it.

? Why not? All you gotta do is turn the key to On, you don't need any electrical power to put it in neutral.

lol then that car might have bigger problems than just the battery. Im glad Im parting it out.

When I turn the key ON, I go to put it in neutral, and its like theres no key in the ignition.

lol then that car might have bigger problems than just the battery. Im glad Im parting it out.

When I turn the key ON, I go to put it in neutral, and its like theres no key in the ignition.

turn the key far enough? did you press the brake at the same time?

Im pretty sure I did, but the wheel is locked all the way to the left so it could have gotten stuck maybe? Im not sure. And No I didnt press the brake because Ive got the rear calipers off the car and I dont need a bigger mess than what Ive got :lol:

Im pretty sure I did, but the wheel is locked all the way to the left so it could have gotten stuck maybe? Im not sure. And No I didnt press the brake because Ive got the rear calipers off the car and I dont need a bigger mess than what Ive got :lol:

so you are saying you can't turn the key?

wiggle the wheel back and forth while turning the key. seems like it's just binding.

You're trying to peel a banana with a blowtorch guys!

Take the console out (Or just the lid), and locate the cables coming to the base of the shifter.. POp the smaller one (THis is the safety switch- Its there to prevent you from doing what I am asking you to do) off and you can now change gears in the transmission..

You're trying to peel a banana with a blowtorch guys!

Take the console out (Or just the lid), and locate the cables coming to the base of the shifter.. POp the smaller one (THis is the safety switch- Its there to prevent you from doing what I am asking you to do) off and you can now change gears in the transmission..

You need to move the shifter back to take the console out.

Why not just throw the battery in from your car?

Also, I'm going to bet with the wheel locked one way that it's probably just needs to be turned while you try to start it.

I cant take the one out of my car because I need it so I can try to get the air out of the cooling system, then I need to load it on the trailer to bring it down to get an alignment.