Custom engine bay Cross Braces.....anyone have them?

AWeb80

I know the second gen w's have them...but do any of us first gen guys have them...

I'm in the process of drawing up some....I already got the outline done....just got to figure out some sort of pattern to put in the inside.....

I might do PONTIAC lasered out....and then PC the crossbrace black w/ a red piece underneath so PONTIAC shows through red.....

....and I thought i was done modding my car.... :lol:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AWeb80

• terryk2003

• 97loudcut

• Euro

arent they the same size on the 1st & 2nd gens!?...

nope, i checked last night.....an no terry, i won't make you any....LOL

you already have some to choose from.

awwww...but, yours sound cooler!

well, of course.

well, of course.

prototype 2nd gen set!?...only to be sold to ME!?!? :wink:

You have enough shit saying Pontiac on your car don't you?!

well, the only thing i have that says Pontiac, are my doorsills.....I do have a few emblems placed around though....

damn more shit i have to buy from AWeb!!!! :D

yeah....at that....I could have the ones that say Pontiac lasered in them up for sale, but as far as lasering in other names (lumina, oldsmobile, cutlass, etc) I won't do those....it takes way tooooo long to make the letters....

you cant just type the letters out and then use those, the programming software for the laser cutters won't read the text....all the letters have to be "hand-drawn" in autocadd....which takes forever....I just happen to have PONTIAC already done, so i'll just scale it to size.

but, i can just make a smooth profile one for all you other guys and then you can add stickers or what not as you wish......

....and if i do a group buy, they will have an option for powdercoating....and only in "basic" colors.

dammit ADAM! i was oging to be working on these this summer! FUCK! you beat me to it

lol at Jay....great minds think alike....just greater ones get to it first.

looks like the 2nd gen guys have spoken!...and there is a demand!...make us some!!!

how much you willing to pay.....this stuff isn't cheap....and i dont' want to take alot of time to draw everthing up and then the price range be outta your range....

looks like the 2nd gen guys have spoken!...and there is a demand!...make us some!!!

how much you willing to pay.....this stuff isn't cheap....and i dont' want to take alot of time to draw everthing up and then the price range be outta your range....

pffft...maybe you didnt notice how much i've spent on my car lately...lol...but, really...i dunno...would it be cheaper if we could get more people interested!?...if you're willing to do it, we might be able to get some people from clubgp in...

beware about making them too stiff. If you were to get in an accident they may cause more damage to the car then factory ones would have..

i'm thinking of going w/ 1/4" or 3/8" steel...not sure yet...

they won't be too stiff....the stockers are pretty stiff themselves.

Just for everyone to know...ZZP's GenII braces run 70/set (but are chrome moly)

Not sure if that's worth anything

but what do they charge for shipping?

and besides, chrome moly might be a tad more expensive than regular steel, but all their braces are is just a tube w/ a end smashed and welded to a bracket....that can't cost more than "maybe" $10 in materials and a little more in laber + paint.

i'm not knocking them....i'm just saying....

I work in a metal fabrication shop w/ 135 employees.....i know what things cost, its all realativly about the same.....unless thier metal supplier is screwing them...lol

the only ones i'd consider buying are the ram air tech billet aluminum ones from 3800performance. for the most part, replacing these side supports is for show and those ones are HOTT!

buuuuuttttt they are $160 :eek: