front end conversions

stp1_jordo

hey im new buy the way, well i just got a 89 olds cutlass 2dr i was wondering if u can do front end conversions off the other w-body's i wanna do z34 front end and kit let me know thanks

Welcome to the forums.

..While technically possible, I cannot say for certain. I personally don't think it would look right as the Lumina has slightly different lines than the Cutlass of any vintage.. If you were to do this, I would make certain you get the complete setup so it doesn't look ridiculous......

TO swap the front, you will need:

-Header panel

-Head lights

-Grille lights

-Grille (Whatever Lumina you get the lights from, grab the grille)

-corner lamps

-fenders

-hood

-bumper (The whole reason you wanted to do this)

-bumper absorber thing (THe plastic egg grate looking thing)

-Wheel well splash guards

What you need to make it look "Less ridiculous......":

-Z34 side skirts/panels

-rear Z34 bumper (Heavily modified)

-rear bumper support crate thing

-complete Dual Exhaust setup

For the hood and fenders, these are two of the biggest hurdles I foresee you having.. I dont know if the Cutlass' frame rails are curved any differently than the Lumina, but I imagine you'll look into that before you begin..

FOr the rear bumper, you are pretty lucky seeing as how your license plate is in your trunk, similar to the stock Z34 location. This will allow you to simply trim the, what on the Z34 would be, lower taillight trim panel.. WHen you get the bumper you'll know what I mean..

..Good luck with this.. I don't know about dimensions and things, but based on some things I have experimented with, I believe it should at least go together.. How good it looks will depend on how much time you want to spend..

well i was looking into the other conversion too with the 91 up front end with the 3 small lil head lights if thats possible? maybe z34 side skirts and rear bumper i work at a body shop so i can do about anything with fiberglassing and stuff let me know

well the reason why i asked i see lots of z34's kicking around junked i could pick on up for 200$ so theres no point of me buying one to fix and drive, my car is mint with 73 xxxkm on it, it was just an idea thats all

well..since ur car is so mint, i'd just try to stick with keeping it that way. At the most just go the miniquad cutlass front end route. or buy a z34 since they're so cheap and keep ur cutlass mint

the car (my car) did not "bomb" for me till 92 and the mini quad front end but by the same token the GP did not "bomb" for me during the same period it did during its true second gen version 97 to 03 stick with the olds FE imho

<----has owned three w-bodies with miniquads and has never had a problem with them as long as they were aimed properly.....now back on topic, I wouldn't even waste the time/energy to try this swap, especially when you can pick up a complete Z for cheap

[me=Psych0matt]has never had the slightest problem seeing with miniquads[/me]

You have silverstars or similair in yours you perv! You probably have working foglights too... mine light ground under the car.

I installed high beam bulbs in place of my low beams on my 93. much improved.

[me=Psych0matt]has never had the slightest problem seeing with miniquads[/me]

You have silverstars or similair in yours you perv! You probably have working foglights too... mine light ground under the car.

I installed high beam bulbs in place of my low beams on my 93. much improved.

well, in all fairness the silverstars didn't go in til the middle of this summer. but yes, i do have working foglights, but they're just pilot driving lights from autozone, and probably not aimed worth a crap, but those only light really close

I should also mention... the OEM guide brand miniquad low beam works fine. the sylvania brand one is the one with which I can't see shit. then the guide one burned out, so i subbed a guide brand high beam bulb for it, and adjested the aim lower, and it works fine.