00-05 Monte Carlo Sub wiring

KCFITZ78

I have (2) subs in a bandpass box and going to use (2) amps. Where do I tap in to get sound (pre-amp) and remote power on? Also I am leaving the stock deck and system in. Just adding a box for now. Still thinking over if I am going to install my aftermarket system I have or upgrade to better.

Well... you can do a line-output converter(this converts stereo line to RCA) one of two ways.

First, you can pull the radio out, find the rear speaker lines, and tap into them there. Behind the radio you *might* get a little bit higher voltage here. You can also, at this time, tap into the 12v switched line to get your remote turn on line.

If you don't fee like pull the deck out, you can find the rear speaker lines, at non other than the rear speakers. Then, you can use a much shorter RCA line. In your case, you will probably have to use an RCA splitter to split the signal for both amps, UNLESS one of your amps has an RCA out, then USE this rca out to run into the rca in on the other amp. You will benefit from doing this. For the remote line for this, you can tap into an accessory line in your ignition harness under the dash (which, for a 2004 Monte Carlo will be either Orange or Brown, both are accessory lines, they should be a bit larger guage wires under the dash than normal wires, usually in a harness with a bunch of heavy guage wires).

If you have any problems, I am local, and I am an audio installer. Since your a member on here, I would do the line-out convertor and remote line for very little charge. You would need to supply the parts(unless your not sure where to get them, then I can get them for a very very good price and just tack that to the price of the install).

Wasn't sure if had to pull the deck or tap the wires before the stock amp for the 6x9's. There should be a remote wire for the stock amp correct? Forgot about the line-output converter, always had aftermarket head units w/RCA's.

So your in toledo, do you do car starter/alarms? I have the bypass, starter/alarm and wiring diagram. Was going to put it on the GP but thats toast so now I can put it on the Monte. Never got around to doing for the GP and now I am procrastinating with the Monte. I don't think it would be bad to do but never have before. Just checking.

Yeah, wouldn't be bad to do. I do starters/alarms/keyless systems as well(just ask IRONDOG442, a local member on here as well). I'm right around the UT campus area, because I go to UT. I have a buddy that is from Maumee so I go there occasionally. In fact, I'll be at the Stranahan next friday for Phantom of the Opera.

As for taping into the speaker lines, I would do it after the amp, or hell, even right at the speakers. Just zip tie up the line output convertor to the underside of the rear deck so it isn't just hanging there and looking ugly.