cable routing. Please take a look and let me know

joey b

Can someone please go take a look and see how the cables route for the top. I have the side cable running in the front and out the hole in the back. It then appears as if the rear cable enters in a seam and exits out of a hole at the bottom. If someone can confirm this it would be great so I can get this done.

still seams correct. the cable run inside the seaming of the edges of the top... and they do have a large amount of tension...

The horizontal cables have a spring at the rear end to provide some slack...

but maybe i should ask where did you get the top? how much or how complete is it? cables new or existing?

I got a full top from ebay minus the curtain. The cables I picked up from an online vendor. There is a spot where there is not a whole but rather where 2 different piees of fabric meet resulting in a slit. Is that where the rear cable enters.

The side cable obviously runs into the front hole and the rear cable seems to exit from the hole at the rear(enter from front of car) but where the side cable exits and where the rear cable enters is where I am perplexed.

I'm confused. they appear correct in the pics. they are run exacly like mine are. when the top in fully lais down there should be a minimum of stress on the material.

so me saying they appear correct is what you are asking for?

please do scan the FSMs. I need to have this done by mid-next week.

What do you suppose the flaps are for that I am holding back in the final pic and are visible in the second pic?

please do scan the FSMs. I need to have this done by mid-next week.

What do you suppose the flaps are for that I am holding back in the final pic and are visible in the second pic?

they tuck under to provide an extra layer of protection against wear. They help prevent wearing of the outer layer and the cable pass-through of the top so that you don;t see visible wear.